Mrs Lisa Hee
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyLisa has numerous qualifications in Nursing, Teaching and Management.
She has previous experience as Director of Nursing and/or Chief Executive Officer in Aged Care Facilities and small rural health facilities both in Victoria and throughout Queensland.
She also has prior experience in both tertiary education roles and nursing practice.
Lisa is currently undertaking her PhD at QUT, investigating the effects on carers following the admission of their loved one into a long term aged facility. Lisa is a qualitiative resaerhcer with her current methodology for her PhD being Phenomenology, in particular utilising a Heiddegerian and longitudinal approach.
Lisa’s research interests include
- Positive Ageing,
- Quality Aged Care,
- Informal Carers,
- Nurse Education,
- First Year University Experience,
- Transferring theory into practice
- Aged Care Management
- Policy Development.
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Masters of Aged Care Management (University of Western Sydney)
- Masters of Professional Education (Deakin University)
- GDip(Gerontology) (Deakin University)
Professional memberships and associations
- Member, Royal College of Nursing, Australia
- Australian Nurse Teachers Society
- Associate Fellow of Australian College of Health Service Executives
- Australian Association of Gerontology
- Joanna Briggs Institute
Unit Coordinator: NSB225: Health, human developent and ageing (first year, first semester undergaduate unit)
Unit Coordinator: NSB604: Nursing practice and the older Person (Undergraduate elective unit)
Unit Coordinator: NSN626: Dementia Studies (Post- graduate unit)
Unit Coordinator: NSN821: Promoting Healthy Ageing (Post- graduate unit)
Unit Coordinator: NSN822: Palliation in dementia (Post- graduate unit)