Dr Lisa Gunders
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Lisa Gunders is a Research Associate in the Institute for Creative Industries and Innovation where she works on the New Media Voices in the Australian Values Debate project investigating the influences of media, family, and schooling on the values of young Australians and the values that they express in their own new media production.Lisa's PhD thesis examined the discourses and representations in speeches on welfare made by ministers in the Howard Government.Her interests include
- identity and values in Australian culture
- media and political engagement
- the reproduction of power relations in political discourse
- language in politics, media, and education
- Critical discourse analysis.
Communication and Media Studies, Cultural Studies, Other studies in Human Society
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (University of Queensland)
- Graham P, Gunders L, (2010) School system as axiological medium: The state's primary macro-proposing context and its expanding moral role in Australia, Pragmatics and Society, 1 (1) p102
- Gunders L, (2005) Creating compliant citizens: Structuring the nation and the future through language, Proceedings of the International Conference on Critical Discourse Analysis: Theory into Research p228
- Gunders L, (2007) Sustaining and changing culture in Australian federal politics, Sustaining culture: proceedings of the 2007 Annual Conference of the Cultural Studies Association of Australasia p1