This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyHead of the Queensland Behavioural Economics group (2015-)
Young Economist Award - Economic Society of Australia (2016)
ARC Discovery Early Career Research Fellow (2012-2014)
Queensland Smart Futures Fellow (2012-2014)
PhD - Paris School of Economics 2007
Research interests Study of individual and group behaviour.
- Choice under risk and uncertainty
- Behaviour in contests
- Political choices
- Social preferences
- Educational choices
Grants Lionel has received over $3,000,000 in research funding from research and public bodies in Australia and the UK.
Applied Economics, Econometrics
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Universite de Paris I)
- Page L, Siemroth C, (2017) An experimental analysis of information acquisition in prediction markets, Games and Economic Behavior, 101, pp. 354-378.
- Buscha F, Muller D, Page L, (2017) Can a common currency foster a shared social identity across different nations? The case of the euro, European Economic Review, 100, pp. 318-336.
- Page L, Engler Y, Kerschbamer R, (2018) Why did he do that? Using counterfactuals to study the effect of intentions in extensive form games, Experimental Economics, 21 (1), pp. 1-26.
- Muller D, Page L, (2016) Born leaders: political selection and the relative age effect in the US Congress, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society. Series A: Statistics in Society, 179 (3), pp. 809-829.
- Morton R, Muller D, Page L, Torgler B, (2015) Exit polls, turnout, and bandwagon voting: Evidence from a natural experiment, European Economic Review, 77, pp. 65-81.
- Gauriot R, Page L, (2015) I take care of my own: a field study on how leadership handles conflict between individual and collective incentives, American Economic Review, 105 (5), pp. 414-419.
- Kandasamy N, Hardy B, Page L, Schaffner M, Graggaber J, Powlson A, Fletcher P, Gurnell M, Coates J, (2014) Cortisol shifts financial risk preferences, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 111 (9), pp. 3608-3613.
- Page L, Savage D, Torgler B, (2014) Variation in risk seeking behaviour following large losses: A natural experiment, European Economic Review, 71, pp. 121-131.
- Page L, Clemen R, (2013) Do prediction markets produce well calibrated probability forecasts?, Economic Journal, 123 (568), pp. 491-513.
- Ouazad A, Page L, (2013) Students' perceptions of teacher biases: Experimental economics in schools, Journal of Public Economics, 105 (1), pp. 116-130.