Mr Leo McNamara
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Prior to QUT, Leo held a number of senior executive roles including Deputy Commissioner, Queensland Ambulance Service.
Leo has 3 decades of extensive experience in ambulance service delivery including disaster management, planning and response to Queensland-wide events as well as response to national and international incidents.
For the past 17 years, as a senior officer with Queensland Ambulance Service Leo has led operational service delivery and performance, major project management and strategic planning. Leo's work involved consultation with the Royal Flying Doctor Service, Queensland Health, Australian Defence Force and allied emergency service organisations.
Leo is a member of the Rural Health Alliance and the Australian College of Health Service Managers and also maintains a strong interest and commitment to Indigenous health issues.
Public Health and Health Services
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Master of Health Science (Health Services Management) (Queensland University of Technology)
- Master of Business Administration (University of Southern Qld)
Professional memberships and associations
- Fellow, Centre for Emergency and Disaster Management
- Fellow, Australian College of Health Service Management
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Emergency Services
- Fellow, Paramedics Australiasia
Leo brings considerable real-world experience into the classroom and teaches into undergraduate Paramedic studies and post graduateDisaster Management programs at QUT.