Mr Leonard Meenach
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyLeonard Meenach is Head Lecturer in Acting at QUT.
He has been involved with the theatre in some capacity since he was 14. He received his Master of Fine Arts in acting and directing from the University of Arizona in 1981.
Since his graduation, Leonard has acquired a professional background in acting, directing and writing for stage and screen. His acting experience includes:
- union roles in repertory companies
- a guest appearance on "Little House on the Prairie".
As a seven-year member of the faculty at California State University, Fullerton, he taught acting in both BA and MFA programs.
In addition to his teaching career Leonard has continued to work and train with notables in the field including master acting teachers Arthur Lessac, Jose Quintero and Eric Morris.
- 1992: certified in Arthur Lessac Training for the actor
- 1984 - 1996: served as an adjudicator for the American College Theatre Festival.
He has served as an acting coach for Mali Finn Casting in Los Angeles, California. ("True Lies" - major motion picture - James Cameron Director).
Leonard's directing credits at QUT include:
- "The last days of Judas Iscariot" by Stephen Adly Guirgis.
- "Lion in the Streets"
- "St. Kilda tales"
- "The Jungle"
Performing Arts and Creative Writing
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- MFA (Arizona State University)
- MFA (Acting/Directing) (Arizona State University)
- BFA (Theatre) (University of Arizona)