This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyResearch theme: Information, SecurityResearch disciplines: Higher Education; Information SystemsResearch area
- Student learning engagement, success and experiences of higher education
- Student retention
- First year in higher education
- Information and knowledge systems in organisations
- Information security management
Developing and Implementing IKM Policy and Strategy, First Year Experience in Higher Education, IKM Project Success., Organisational Information and Knowledge Management (IKM)
Other Information and Computing Sciences
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Doctor of Philosophy (Queensland University of Technology)
Professional memberships and associations
- Marrington A, Nelson K, Clarke J, (2010) An economic case for systematic student monitoring and intervention in the first year in higher education, Proceedings of 13th Pacific Rim First Year in Higher Education Conference, pp. 1-4.
- Nelson K, Quinn C, Marrington A, Clarke J, (2012) Good practice for enhancing the engagement and success of commencing students, Higher Education, 63 (1), pp. 83-96.
- Kift S, Nelson K, Clarke J, (2010) Transition pedagogy: A third generation approach to FYE - A case study of policy and practice for the higher education sector, Student Success, 1 (1), pp. 1-20.
- Nelson K, Duncan M, Clarke J, (2009) Student success: the identification and support of first year university students at risk of attrition, Studies in Learning, Evaluation, Innovation and Development, 6 (1), pp. 1-15.
- Nelson K, Timbrell G, Recker J, (2009) Key organisational elements for effective information and knowledge management, Proceedings of the twentieth Australasian Conference on Information Systems, pp. 471-481.
- Nelson K, Kift S, Clarke J, (2008) Expectations and realities for first year students at an Australian university, Proceedings of the 11th Pacific Rim First Year in Higher Education Conference, 2008, pp. 1-9.
- Nelson K, Kift S, Creagh T, (2007) Implementing a Blueprint for Transition Success, 10th Pacific Rim First Year in Higher Education Conference 2007 - Conference Proceedings, pp. 1-10.
- Nelson K, Kift S, Harper W, (2005) 'Any Portal in a Storm?' Online Engagement Patterns of First Year QUT Students, Proceedings of the Online Learning and Teaching Conference 2005 (OLT-2005), pp. 185-193.
- Nelson K, Kift S, Harper W, (2005) 'First Portal in a Storm': A Virtual Space for Transition Students, Proceedings of the Ascilite 2005 Conference: Balance, Fidelity, Mobility: Maintaining the Momentum?, pp. 509-517.
- Kift S, Nelson K, (2005) Beyond Curriculum Reform: Embedding the Transition Experience, HERDSA Conference 2005, pp. 225-235.