Ms Kathleen Horton
Faculty of Creative Industries, Education & Social Justice,
School of Design,
Other Studies in Creative Arts and Writing
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Master of Arts (Research (Queensland University of Technology)
- Horton K, Payne A, (2019) 'Imagination wove this flesh garment': fashion, critique and capitalism. In G Sade, G Coombs & A McNamara, Undesign: Critical practices at the intersection of art and design, Routledge, pp. 186-197.
- Craik J, Horton K, (2019) A Spotlight on: Sustainable Australian Indigenous Fashion, Global perspectives on sustainable fashion, pp. 191-193.
- Tuite A, Horton K, (2019) Crafting symbolic value: art, craft and independent fashion, Creative Industries Journal, 12 (3), pp. 284-300.
- Horton K, (2018) Just use what you have: Ethical fashion discourse and the feminisation of responsibility, Australian Feminist Studies, 33 (98), pp. 515-529.
- Horton K, Ferrero-Regis T, Payne A, (2016) The hard work of leisure: healthy life, activewear and Lorna Jane, Annals of Leisure Research, 19 (2), pp. 180-193.
- Fashioning the Revolution: Digital Fashion Activism and the Narrativesof Responsibility on Instagram
MPhil, Principal Supervisor
Other supervisors: Dr Ariadna Matamoros Fernandez
Completed supervisions (Doctorate)
- Accidental Activism: Intervening in The Global Fashion Industry (2019)
- Genderqueer Fashion Models and their Representations of Gender in Visual Culture (2019)
- The Cultural Economy of Independent Fashion (2019)
- Framing Fashion Curation: A theoretical, historical, and practical perspective (2013)
- Unravelling Design: Fashion, Dressmaking, Ethos (2011)