Dr Karla Ziri-Castro
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Karla Ziri-Castro received the B.Eng. degree in electronic engineering (first-class honours) from Simon Bolivar University (Caracas, Venezuela) in 1998. She then received the Ph.D. degree in telecommunications (specializing in RF propagation modelling) from Queen’s University, UK, in 2004.
She was appointed as Associate Lecturer, then Lecturer at the University of Southern Queensland (Australia) in 2004 and 2006, respectively. She joined Queensland University of Technology in 2007 and was appointed Senior Lecturer in 2010.
Dr. Ziri-Castro's current research interests include RF and microwave propagation, channel modelling and characterization for wireless communication systems. She has published one book and over 50 research papers in major IEEE journals and in refereed international conferences.
Dr. Ziri-Castro received a Smarts Futures Fellowship from Queensland Government (Australia) in 2009, and is frequent reviewer for IEEE journals and conferences and other major conferences.
- Introduction to Telecommunications (ENB242)
- Wireless Communications (ENB446)
- Field, Transmission and Propagation (ENB343)
- RF Techniques and Modern Applications (ENB440)
- Munasinghe Arachchige G, Jayalath D, Ziri-Castro K, (2012) Adaptive subcarrier allocation in multiuser OFDM system using forced cost based decisions, Proceedings of the IEEE 23rd International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications p1336
- Ratnayake N, Ziri-Castro K, Suzuki H, (2012) Effects of user distribution on multiuser MIMO-OFDM channel capacity in rural area, Proceedings of the 12th International Symposium on Communications and Information Technologies (ISCIT) p411
- Atapattu L, Munasinghe Arachchige G, Ziri-Castro K, Suzuki H, Jayalath D, (2012) Linear adaptive channel equalization for multiuser MIMO-OFDM systems, Proceedings of the 9th Australasian Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference p1
- Suzuki H, Robertson D, Ratnayake N, Ziri-Castro K, (2012) Prediction and measurement of multiuser MIMO-OFDM channel in rural Australia, Proceedings of the IEEE 75th Vehicular Technology Conference p1
- Munasinghe Arachchige G, Jayalath D, Ziri-Castro K, (2012) Resource allocation in multiuser cooperative OFDM system using forced cost based decisions, Proceedings of the 12th International Symposium on Communications and Information Technologies (ISCIT) p685
- Chen X, Jayalath D, Munasinghe Arachchige G, Ziri-Castro K, (2011) Analysis of multiple shared channel cooperative routing in OFDM based wireless networks, Proceedings of the 2011 IET International Communication Conference on Wireless Mobile and Computing p175
- Ratnayake N, Ziri-Castro K, Suzuki H, Jayalath D, (2011) Deterministic diffraction loss modelling for novel broadband communication in rural environments, Proceedings of the 2011 Australian Communications Theory Workshop, AusCTW 2011 p49
- Ratnayake N, Ziri-Castro K, Suzuki H, (2011) Time variation effects of weather conditions in rural MUSA-MIMO-OFDM channels, Proceedings of the 7th Loughborough Antennas and Propagation Conference 2011 p1
- Ratnayake N, Atapattu L, Ziri-Castro K, Jayalath D, (2010) Efficient wireless broadband communications to rural areas, Proceedings of the Ninth Annual Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility 2010 p1
- Ziri-Castro K, Scanlon W, (2009) Wireless channel modelling for indoor populated environments: Statistical characterization of narrowband channels at 2.45 Ghz and 5.2 Ghz, VDM Verlag Publishing Group