Dr Karen Chambers
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Microbiology, Oncology and Carcinogenesis
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Institute of Food Research, UK)
- Adamson R, Frazier A, Evans H, Chambers K, Schenk E, Essand M, Birnie R, Mitry R, Dhawan A, Maitland N, (2012) In vitro primary cell culture as a physiologically relevant method for preclinical testing of human oncolytic adenovirus, Human Gene Therapy, 23 (2), pp. 218-230.
- Chambers K, Pearson J, Pellacani D, Aziz N, Guzvic M, Klein C, Lang S, (2011) Stromal upregulation of lateral epithelial adhesions: Gene expression analysis of signalling pathways in prostate epithelium, Journal of Biomedical Science, 18, pp. 1-13.
- Chambers K, Pearson J, Aziz N, O'Toole P, Garrod D, Lang S, (2011) Stroma regulates increased epithelial lateral cell adhesion in 3D culture: A role for actin/cadherin dynamics, PLoS One, 6 (4), pp. 1-13.
- Maitland N, Chambers K, Georgopoulos L, Simpson-Holley M, Leadley R, Evans H, Essand M, Danielsson A, van Weerden W, de Ridder C, Kraaij R, Bangma C, (2010) Gene transfer vectors targeted to human prostate cancer: Do we need better preclinical testing systems?, Human Gene Therapy, 21 (7), pp. 815-827.
- Pearson J, Hughes S, Chambers K, Lang S, (2009) Polarized fluid movement and not cell death, creates luminal spaces in adult prostate epithelium, Cell Death and Differentiation, 16 (3), pp. 475-482.
- Chambers K, Bacon J, Kemsley E, Mills R, Ball R, Mithen R, Traka M, (2009) Gene expression profile of primary prostate epithelial and stromal cells in response to sulforaphane or iberin exposure, Prostate, 69 (13), pp. 1411-1421.
- Traka M, Chambers K, Lund E, Goodlad R, Johnson I, Mithen R, (2008) Involvement of KLF4 in Sulforaphane- and Iberin-Mediated Induction of p21 waf1/cip1, Nutrition and Cancer, 61 (1), pp. 137-145.