This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Kerry is a qualified barrister, social worker and legal academic, and has been an Adjunct Professor to CPNS since 2005.
Until recently, Kerry was also employed as Assistant Director (Research) at the Centre for Voluntary Action Studies in the Department of Social Policy, University of Ulster, Northern Ireland.
Now self-employed as an independent consultant, he advises government bodies and other organistions on charity law matters and writes related articles and books.
Kerry is a consultant (Northern Ireland) to Open University (Milton Keynes) on the law relating to child care and social work.
Since 1996, Kerry has also advised the Court Service (Northern Ireland) on their training programme for lay magistrates, compiling and publishing the Guide to Family Proceedings in Northern Ireland.
Kerry has also completed:
- commissioned reports on the present legal framework of nonprofit activity in Ireland
- a review of Irish charity law.
Law, Policy and Administration
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Law) (Trinity College Dublin)
Professional memberships and associations
- editorial board member - International Journal of Not for Profit Law (Washington)
- founding member and secretary - AVARI (Association of Voluntary Action Research in Ireland)