Dr Kate Balcon
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Public Health and Health Services
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Doctor of Philosophy (Queensland University of Technology)
Professional memberships and associations
- Graves N, Barnett A, Halton K, Crnich C, Cooper B, Beyersmann J, Wolkewitz M, Samore M, Harbarth S, (2011) The importance of good data, analysis, and interpretation for showing the economics of reducing healthcare- associated infection [Letter to the editor], Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology, 32 (9), pp. 927-928.
- Halton K, Graves N, (2010) Editorial: Using economic data to reduce healthcare-acquired infection, New Zealand Medical Journal, 123 (1324), pp. 6-8.
- Halton K, Cook D, Paterson D, Safdar N, Graves N, (2010) Cost-effectiveness of a central venous catheter care bundle, PLoS One, 5 (9), pp. 1-11.
- Graves N, Harbarth S, Beyersmann J, Barnett A, Halton K, Cooper B, (2010) Estimating the cost of health care-associated infections: Mind your p's and q's, Clinical Infectious Diseases, 50 (7), pp. 1017-1021.
- Graves N, Halton K, Jarvis W, (2009) Economics and preventing healthcare acquired infection, Springer.
- Graves N, Halton K, Paterson D, Whitby M, (2009) Economic rationale for infection control in Australian hospitals, Healthcare Infection, 14 (3), pp. 81-88.
- Graves N, Barnett A, Halton K, Veerman L, Winkler E, Owen N, Reeves M, Marshall A, Eakin E, (2009) Cost-effectiveness of a telephone-delivered intervention for physical activity and diet, PLoS One, 4 (9), pp. 1-8.
- Graves N, Halton K, Robertus L, (2008) Costs of health care associated infection [Reducing Harm to Patients from Health Care Associated Infection : The Role of Surveillance, Part F].
- Graves N, Halton K, Doidge S, Clements A, Lairson D, Whitby M, (2008) Who bears the cost of healthcare-acquired surgical site infection?, Journal of Hospital Infection, 69 (3), pp. 274-282.
- Clements A, Halton K, Graves N, Pettitt T, Morton A, Looke D, Whitby M, (2008) Overcrowding and understaffing in modern health-care systems: Key determinants in meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus transmission, The Lancet Infectious Diseases, 8 (7), pp. 427-434.