Adjunct Associate Professor
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
- 2007 Carrick Award for Teaching Excellence
- 2006 Qld University of Technology (QUT) Award for Teaching Excellence
- 2006 Faculty of Health Excellence in Teaching Award, QUT
- 2004 OLT Compassionate Pioneer Award (by student nomination) 2004
- 2003 Australian Psychological Society-Pearson Early Career Teaching Award.
- 2001 Supervisor of the Year, QUT Postgraduate Students’ Association.
- 1999 Dean’s Commendation for Oustanding PhD Dissertation, University of Queensland.
- 1989 McElwain Prize for best honours thesis in psychology.
- Adults' reading and reading development
- Children's reading difficulties
- The development of efficient word-level reading skills
- Reading comprehension.
- 2005 – 2006 QUT Small T&L Grant, Work-Integrated Learning in the U/G Psychology Curriculum
- 2004 QUT Teaching Fellowship
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Doctor of Philosophy (University of Queensland)
- BA(HonsI (University of Queensland)
- BA (University of Queensland)
Professional memberships and associations
- O'Connor E, Hansen J, (2009) Clarifying expectations of psychology students through professional engagement : a case study, Teaching psychology around the world: Volume 2 p247
- Whalley K, Hansen J, (2006) The Role of Prosodic Sensitivity in Children's Reading Development, Journal of Research in Reading, 29 (3) p288
- Watson B, Wilks J, Hansen J, (2003) The Crash Involvement of Interstate Drivers in Queensland, Journal of the Australasian College of Road Safety, 14 (1) p3
- Wilks J, Watson B, Hansen J, (2000) International Drivers and Road Safety in Queensland, Australia, The Journal of Tourism Studies, () p36
- Watson B, Wilks J, Hansen J, Johnston K, (1999) Factors Contributing to Crashes Involving International Drivers in Queensland, Road Safety Conference Proceedings Volume 1 p413
- Wilks J, Watson B, Johnston K, Hansen J, (1999) International Drivers in Unfamiliar Surroundings: The Problem of Disorientation, Travel Medicine International, () p162
Completed supervisions (Doctorate)
- Exploring non-cancer pain conditions in a community sample: Critiquing a current conceptual model of the acute to chronic pain transition and examining predictors of chronicity (2009)
- Process and Outcome of Narrative Therapy for Major Depressive Disorder in Adults: Narrative Reflexivity, Working Alliance and Improved Symptom and Inter-personal Outcomes (2008)