Adjunct Associate Professor
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Jo Barraket is Associate Professor of Social Enterprise/Entrepreneurship. Jo holds a PhD in applied sociology from the University of New South Wales, and has worked variously as a policy coordinator, research fellow and academic on postgraduate and undergraduate programs at the University of Melbourne and the University of Technology, Sydney.
Jo’s focus is on contributing to knowledge and practice of innovative and entrepreneurial approaches to social problems. Jo and her research team work on documenting sustainable and evidence-based models of social enterprise and entrepreneurship, and developing tools to support the work of enterprising nonprofits, social enterprise and social business.
In keeping with her research interests, Jo has recently published a book entitled ‘Strategic issues for the not-for-profit sector’.
- Social enterprise and social innovation
- Network governance at the local level
- Third sector organisations and social policy
- Social inclusion and community development
Community Development, Nonprofit, Social Enterprise, Social Entrepreneurship, Social Policy, Third Sector
Policy and Administration, Sociology
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Doctor of Philosophy (University of New South Wales)
- Barraket J, Crozier M, (2008) The social economy in Australia: a research agenda, Re-imagining Sociology: Proceedings of the Annual Conference of The Australian Sociological Association (TASA) 2008 p1