Mr Jack Williamson
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
- 1997 - present: Senior Lecturer (fractional appointment), QUT
- Mid 1991 - 1997: Lecturer (fractional appointment), QUT
- 1988 - 1990: Director, Building Division, Qld Dept of Works (now Dept of Public Works)
- 1986 - 1988: Chief Architect, Qld Dept of Works
- 1980 - 1986: Manager, Technical Services Branch, Qld Dept of Works
- 1976 - 1980: Senior Architect in various sections of Qld Dept of Works
- 1969 - 1976: District Architect, Toowoomba, Qld Dept of Works
- 08.1968 - 1969: Architect, Qld Dept of Works
- 05.1968 - 07.1968: Travelled in USA, Europe and Asia.
- 11.1967 - 04.1968: Architectural firm in Syracuse, New York State, USA
- 08.1965 - 10.1967: Study at Cornell University, USA.
- 1963 - 07.1965: Architect, Qld Dept of Works
- 1960 - 1962: Architectural Student at Univ. of Qld but working in Qld Dept of Works.
- 1957 - 1956: Architectural Student at University of Qld.
- 1964: A.E.Brooks Travelling Scholarship, University of Queensland.
Current External Appointments
- General Referee for the Building and Development Dispute Resolution Committee, Dept of Infrastructure and Planning.
- Member of the Building Industry Consultative Group, Dept of Infrastructure and Planning.
Previous Committee Positions
- 1990 - 1994: Chairman, Board of Architects of Queensland
- 1986 - 1988: Chairman, National Committee on Rationalised Building (NCRB) - At that time all government building organisations in Australia and New Zealand were members of this committee.
Previous Committee Memberships
- 1988 - 1994: Board of Architects as member and Chairman
- 1987 - 1988: Building Research & Development Advisory Committee (BRDAC)
- 1987 - 1990: National Public Works Conference
- 1980 - 1981: Aust. Uniform Building Regulations Co-ordinating Council
- 1978 - 1988: NCRB / NPWC Specification Committee
- 1977 - 1978: National Public Works Research Co-ordinating Committee
- 1977 - 1987: National Public Works Consultant's Committee
- 1977 - 1991: Nationl Committee on Rationalised Building
- 1976 - 1987: Queensland Building Advisory Committee
Building construction, Building fire safety, Building legislation, Building matererials, Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- MSc (Cornell University)
- GradCertEd (Queensland University of Technology)
- BArch(Hons) (University of Queensland)
Professional memberships and associations
- Registered Architect (Board of Architects, Queensland): 1963 - present.
- Australian Institute of Architects; Fellow, Senior Counsellor and member of the Qld Chapter Practice Committee.
- Concrete Institute of Australia
- Building construction including building materials and building legislation for domestic and commercial buildings.
- Building documentation in the previous Architectural Application Units.
- Professional Practice
- Building Fire Safety
- Work Integrated Learning
PhD Panel Member
- Title: "Development of Novel Technologies for Improved Natural Illumination of High Rise Office Buildings", Phillip John Greenup (student), Professor Ian Edmonds (supervisor).
- Title: "Local Buckling Behaviour and Design of Cold-Formed Steel Compression Members at Elevated Temperatures", Jung Hoon Lee (student), Professor Mahen Mahendran (supervisor).
- Title: "Wind-induced Natural Ventilation to the Refuge Floor at a High-rise Building in Hong Kong", Charles Chor-Kwan Cheng (student), Assoc. Prof. Nur Demirbilek (supervisor).