Dr Jerome Rachele
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Jerome Rachele is a Poctdoctoral Research Fellow in the School of Public Health and Social Work, Queensland University of Technology and the NHMRC Centre for Research Excellence in Healthy, Liveable and Equitable Communities. His research centres around investigating causal relationships between built environment and health and wellbeing outcomes using data from longitudinal studies and natural experiments.
Physical activity, Social determinants of health, Health inequalities, Public health, Physical activity measurement, Preventative health, Chronic diseases, Environmental epidemiology, Epidemiology, Health behaviour
Public Health and Health Services
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Queensland University of Technology)
- Bachelors Honours (Queensland University of Technology)
Professional memberships and associations
National Wellness Institute of Australia (management committee, research liaison officer)
- Rachele J, Cuddihy T, Washington T, McPhail S, (2014) The association between adolescent self-reported physical activity and wellness: The missing piece for youth wellness programs, Journal of Adolescent Health, 55 (2), pp. 281-286.
- Rachele J, Cuddihy T, Washington T, McPhail S, (2014) Reliability of a wellness inventory for use among adolescent females aged 12-14 years, BMC Women's Health, 14, pp. 1-10.
- Rachele J, Heesch K, Washington T, (2014) Wellness programs at firefighter and police workplaces: A systematic review, Health Behavior and Policy Review, 1 (4), pp. 302-313.
- Barwais F, Cuddihy T, Rachele J, Washington T, (2013) ActiGraph GT3X determined variations in 'free-living' standing, lying and sitting duration among sedentary adults, Journal of Sport and Health Science, 2 (4), pp. 249-256.
- Rachele J, Cuddihy T, Washington T, McPhail S, (2013) Averting uncertainty: A practical guide to physical activity research in Australian schools, Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 38 (9), pp. 76-92.
- Walsh K, Berthelsen D, Nicholson J, Brandon L, Stevens J, Rachele J, (2013) Child sexual abuse prevention education: A review of school policy and curriculum provision in Australia, Oxford Review of Education, 39 (5), pp. 649-680.
- Rachele J, Cuddihy T, Washington T, McPhail S, (2013) Reliability of the five factor wellness inventory among male adolescents, Individual psychology, 69 (2), pp. 118-132.
- Rachele J, Washington T, Cockshaw W, Brymer E, (2013) Towards an operational understanding of wellness, Journal of Educational Research, 7 (1), pp. 3-12.
- Rachele J, Washington T, Cuddihy T, Barwais F, McPhail S, (2013) Valid and reliable assessment of wellness among adolescents: Do you know what you're measuring?, International Journal Of Wellbeing, 3 (2), pp. 162-172.
- Rachele J, McPhail S, Washington T, Cuddihy T, (2012) Practical physical activity measurement in youth: a review of contemporary approaches, World Journal of Pediatrics, 8 (3), pp. 207-216.