Dr Jillian Fox
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Before joining the SEC team in 2009, Jill Fox worked in the school system (P-3 years) and tertiary sector. She also gained extensive experience working on a range of mathematics based education projects with the Centre for Learning Innovation (CLI- QUT). Jill’s research interests and publications focus on early years mathematics, teacher and parent impact on young children’s mathematics and the role of digital technology in young children’s lives. She has conducted consultancy work addressing early years mathematics in early years settings throughout Queensland. She lectures in the fields of early years mathematics, technology and pre-service teachers field experience.
Education Systems, Curriculum and Pedagogy, Specialist Studies in Education
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Queensland University of Technology)
- Masters of Education (Queensland University of Technology)
- EAP401: Early years: Mathematical understandings (Course co-ordination)
- EDB014: EC Field Studies 4: Professional work of Teachers (Course co-ordination)
- EDB015: Internship (Early Childhood)
- EDB012: EC Field Studies 2: Practising Education in the Field (Course co-ordination)
- EAB015: EC Science & Technology Education (Course co-ordination)