Ms Jen Eaton
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Jen Eaton joined the staff of the School of Early Childhood, QUT in August 2003 in a part time capacity and full time since 2006.
Her university teaching involves coordination of field experience units in both the undergraduate and postgraduate courses. These field experience units involve student placement in Preparatory and pre-Prep settings.
Prior to this appointment she was Assistant Director and teacher at Mia-Mia Child and Family Study Centre at the Institute of Early childhood, Macquarie University, Sydney. This is a demonstration program of exemplary early years education and care for children from birth to 5 years. She also lectured part time at the Institute of Early Childhood from 1990 – 2003.
Children'S Rights, Curriculum Decision Making, Curriculum Planning Decisions, Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Teacher'S Pedagogy, Preservice Teacher Education
Curriculum and Pedagogy, Education Systems
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- MEd (with Merit) (University of Sydney)
- BEd (EC) (Nursery School T.C.)
- DipT(EC) (Nursery School T.C.)
Professional memberships and associations
- Early Childhood Australia (ECA)
- Reggio Emilia Australia Information Exchange (REAIE)
- Early Childhood Teachers Association (ECTA)
- Unit coordinator: EDB011 Early Childhood Field Studies 1
- Unit coordinator: EDP422 Early Years Field Studies 2
- Acting Unit coordinator: EAB005 Inclusion in Early Childhood Settings.