This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyResearch theme: Environment, Information Research discipline: Computer Science
Dr MacColl has worked for the past two years for the Health Faculty on managing the establishment of the Centre for Emergency and Disaster Management, coordinating proposals to the Bushfire and Natural Hazards CRC, and managing the Disaster Resilience CRC bid. He has worked as a researcher and manager with three CRCs and he has been a member of the bid team for three CRC bids.
Before joining QUT Dr MacColl was Deputy Director of the Information Environments Program at UQ. He was formerly technical lead on the EQUATOR City project, investigating museum co-visiting across web, immersive and physical contexts, and he has a previous life as a theatre lighting designer and production manager. Dr MacColl's research interests include physical, mobile and social computing with an emphasis on lightweight design, agile development and underlying infrastructures and platforms.
Other studies in Human Society, Other Information and Computing Sciences
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (University of Queensland)
- Bachelor Information Technology
- 2012-present: Principal Research Fellow, Faculty of Health, QUT
- 2010-2011: Senior Research Fellow, Faculty of Science & Technology, QUT
- 2008-2009: Senior Research Fellow, Faculty of IT, QUT
- 2007-2008: Project Leader, ACID Urban Interfaces
- 2006-2008: Program Manager, ACID Smart Living
- 2005-2007: Deputy Director, Information Environments Program, UQ
- 2003-2007: Lecturer, Information Environments Program, UQ
- 2001-2002: Research Scientist, City Project, EQUATOR IRC
- 1998-2000: Lecturer, Information Environments Program, UQ
- 1987-1991: Administrator, TN! Theatre Company
- 1984-1986: Production Manager, TN! Theatre Company
- 1980-1983: Production Manager, Drama Program, QUT