Dr Hung Duong
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyDr Hung Duong joined Queensland University of Technology (QUT) as a Research Associate in 2017. Previously, he was an Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Deakin University, a postdoctoral research fellow at the University of Queensland and a research associate at the University of Sydney. Before his academic career, he was a power systems engineer, serving in a variety of roles covering planning and operations of distribution networks including SCADA systems for ten years. His research interests are in the uncertainty modelling, planning and operation of emerging technologies, distributed renewable energy, battery energy storage, and electric vehicles in smart power distribution systems.
- PhD (University of Queensland)
- Duong H, Lee K, Mithulananthan N, (2017) Intelligent network integration of distributed renewable generation (Green Energy and Technology), Springer.
- Duong H, Mithulananthan N, Lee K, (2014) Determining PV penetration for distribution systems with time-varying load models, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 29 (6), pp. 3048-3057.
- Duong H, Mithulananthan N, (2013) Multiple distributed generator placement in primary distribution networks for loss reduction, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 60 (4), pp. 1700-1708.
- Duong H, Mithulananthan N, Bansal R, (2010) Analytical expressions for DG allocation in primary distribution networks, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, 25 (3), pp. 814-820.
- Duong H, Dong Z, Trinh H, (2016) Determining the size of PHEV charging stations powered by commercial grid-integrated PV systems considering reactive power support, Applied Energy, 183, pp. 160-169.
- Duong H, Mithulananthan N, Bansal R, (2014) Integration of PV and BES units in commercial distribution systems considering energy loss and voltage stability, Applied Energy, 113, pp. 1162-1170.
- Duong H, Mithulananthan N, (2014) Loss reduction and loadability enhancement with DG: A dual-index analytical approach, Applied Energy, 115, pp. 233-241.
- Duong H, Mithulananthan N, Bansal R, (2014) An optimal investment planning framework for multiple distributed generation units in industrial distribution systems, Applied Energy, 124, pp. 62-72.
- Duong H, Mithulananthan N, Bansal R, (2013) Analytical strategies for renewable distributed generation integration considering energy loss minimization, Applied Energy, 105, pp. 75-85.
- Duong H, Mithulananthan N, Lee K, (2014) Optimal placement of dispatchable and nondispatchable renewable DG units in distribution networks for minimizing energy loss, International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, 55, pp. 179-186.