Professor Gini Lee
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyBroad area of research: Design
Areas of expertise
- Cross cultural and cross disciplinary design
- Cultural landscape assessment and interpretation
- Garden history and theory
- Exhibition and museum design
- Indigenous built environment and consultation practices
- 2007: Desert Tourism Conference, Harvard Graduate School of Design
- 2006: RMIT University Prize for PhD. PhD by Project, Faculty of the Constructed Environment, RMIT University: "The Intention to Notice: the tour, the collection and ordinary landscapes"
- 2006: University of South Australia Research Awards. UniSA Supported Researcher for 2005, 2006, 2007.
International expert for research-based guidelines
2002 - 2006: Tertiary Education Commission Performance Based Research Fund Review Panel in Engineering, Technology of Architecture, New Zealand, international expert panellist for research outputs 2003, reappointed for 2006.
- 2008: Executive editor, IDEA Interior Design/Interior Architecture Educators Association Journal
- 2005: Attiwill, S. and Lee, G. co-editors, IDEA Interior Design/Interior Architecture Educators Association Journal 2005, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane. 2005, pp1-206
Symposia exhibition and workshop curation
- 2007: Strangely Familiar [Working Title] SASA Gallery, UniSA Curator of exhibition and publication of speculative research from architecture and interior architecture staff from UniSA and interior design and landscape architecture from RMIT University. (refereed project)
QUT, School of Design
- 2008: Professor of Landscape Architecture, Academic and research leadership and delivery for undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Convenor and director of the Complex Landscape Collaborative research group for landscape studies.
University of South Australia, Louis Laybourne Smith School of Architecture and Design
- 2008: Adjunct Professor, research supervision, design and landscape research and teaching for remote and indigenous environments and communities
- 2005 - 2008: Senior Lecturer, upper level Interior Architecture design studio, honours and postgraduate supervision; cross-School electives in landscape architecture, urban design, museum and exhibition design. Researcher in indigenous built environment design and consultation
- 2004: Associate Professor/Lecturer, study leave to develop research directions and progress PhD
- 2000 - 2003: Head of School and appointed Associate Professor, responsible for undergraduate programs in Architecture, Interior Architecture, Industrial Design and postgraduate research programs in Architecture and Design.
arid landscapes, exhibition, indigenous landscape, landscape architecture, museum