Professor Glenn Stewart
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyResearch theme: Information
Research discipline: Information Systems
- The role of national culture in business process management projects
Culture has been reported to be a key variable in project success. This research project explores the relationship of national culture to business process management projects. There are several possible points of intersection according to the phases of process engineering life cycle: selecting projects for improvement; process engineering methodology.
Design Thinking, Design Led Innovation, Enterprise Architecture, IT Management Issues, Leadership issues, Business Process Management, Innovation Systems, IT Education, Organisational Culture, User Empowerment
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Queensland University of Technology)
- MLitSt(CompSc) (University of Queensland)
- DipEd (University of Queensland)
- BA (University of Queensland)
- Huxley C, Stewart G, (2008) Reducing the Odds: A Practitioner's Guide to Identifying Critical Processes, VDM Verlag.
- Stewart G, Rosemann M, (2006) Industry Projects, Transforming IT Education: Promoting a Culture of Excellence, pp. 179-192.
- Stewart G, (2006) Reflections on teaching enterprise architecture to graduate students, Proceedings of the 12th Americas Conference on Information Systems, pp. 2407-2413.
- Stewart G, (2006) Developing a New Curriculum for 1st Year Students of Information Technology, Transforming IT Education: Promoting a Culture of Excellence, pp. 17-43.
- Taylor D, Stewart G, Dunn T, (2006) The Design of Reusable Learning Objects to Teach Database Concepts, International Journal of Learning, 12 (8), pp. 129-142.
- Stewart G, (2006) MBTI Distributions for First Year IT Students, Transforming IT Education: Promoting a Culture of Excellence, pp. 371-389.
- Sehgal R, Stewart G, (2006) Using Qualitative Analysis for Deriving Evidence Based Construct Definition: A Case Narrative of 'User Empowerment', Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Qualitative Research in IT & IT in Qualitative Research, pp. 116-128.
- Stewart G, Thelander N, (2005) Can IT Security be improved with better IT Leadership in the 21st Century University?, Proceedings of the Eleventh Americas Conference On Information Systems, pp. 2763-2766.
- Birbeck P, Stewart G, (2005) A Preliminary Study of Organizational Culture and Enterprise Systems Success, Managing Modern Organizations with Information Technology, pp. 1092-1097.
- Stewart G, Smith J, Dunn T, (2004) Creating Engaging Learning Environments for IT Students, Proceedings of the Tenth Americas Conference on Information Systems, pp. 86-90.
Completed supervisions (Doctorate)
- Business Process Management: Theory on Progression and Maturity (2009)
- Exploring the Relationship of Organisational Culture to Enterprise System Success (2008)
- User Empowerment: an enabler of Enterprise Systems Success (2007)
- Metateams in Major Information Technology Projects: A Grounded Theory on Conflict, Trust, Communcation, and Cost (2003)