Mr Geoffrey Egert
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Geoffrey joined the Faculty in 1980. His primary research interests presently lie in the areas of Corporate Law, including Corporate Governance Law, and the law on other kinds of commercial entities. Geoffrey's publications include articles in the areas of Taxation Law, Corporate Law, and the law relating to other kinds of commercial entities.
Since 2003, Geoffrey has coordinated and taught corporate governance courses to Indigenous persons in regional areas of Queensland and in other Australian jurisdictions. The pilot program originated from a joint initiative between QUT and The Queensland Resources Council.
- Corporations law
- Law relating to other commercial entities
- Law of corporate governance.
Company takeovers - law of, Corporate law, Joint ventures - law of, Partnership law
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- LLM (University of Queensland)
- LLB(Hons) (University of Queensland)
- BA (University of Queensland)
- Egert G, (2007) Defining a Partnership: The Traditional Approach versus an Innovative Departure - Do Queensland Appeal Court Decisions Point to the Need for a Review of the Traditional Approach to Interpretation Adopted by Australian Courts?, Bond Law Review, 19 (1) p99
- Egert G, (2002) Corporate Governance in Incorporated Non-Profit Associations: An International Study Relating to the Existence of and the Need for Provisions Dealing with Oppressive or Unfair Conduct of Affairs, Emerging Research in Corporate Governance p1