Dr Frederik Von Briel
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Frederik is a Senior Research Fellow with a passion for entrepreneurship and innovation. He conducts evidence-based research on relevant topics and shares his knowledge with other people and organizations to help them succeed.
Most of Frederik's current research focuses on digital entrepreneurship – the creation of new businesses based on digital technologies – and digital innovation – the creation of new products, processes, and services based on digital technologies. He works on these topics together with organizations of all sizes – from small start-ups to large corporations.
Frederik received his PhD from City University of Hong Kong for his work on the influence of business accelerator networks on the performance of high-tech start-ups. Before joining City University, he worked as a business intelligence consultant at Hewlett-Packard and as a customer relationship management specialist at IBM.
Business and Management, Information Systems
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (City University of Hong Kong)
- MBE (Steinbeis University of Berlin)
Professional memberships and associations
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- Academy of Management (AOM)
- von Briel F, Davidsson P, Recker J, (2018) Digital technologies as external enablers of new venture creation in the IT hardware sector, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 42 (1) p47
- Davidsson P, Recker J, von Briel F, (2020) External enablement of new venture creation: A framework, Academy of Management Perspectives, 34 (3) p311
- von Briel F, Recker J, Davidsson P, (2018) Not all digital venture ideas are created equal: Implications for venture creation processes, Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 27 (4) p278