Dr Emma Sweeney
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Microbiology, Ureaplasma, Breast milk, Neonatal Saliva, Reproductive Health, Pregnancy Outcomes, Neonatal Health and Disease
Medical Biochemistry and Metabolomics, Medical Microbiology
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Queensland University of Technology)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Honours) (Life Science) (Queensland University of Technology)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Microbiology) (Queensland University of Technology)
Unit coordinator of LSB492 in 2017
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (2017)
Teaching team member of: LQB562, LQB462, LQB362, LQB182, LQB301, LSB492
- Sweeney E, Kallapur S, Gisslen T, Lambers D, Chougnet C, Stephenson S, Jobe A, Knox C, (2016) Placental infection with Ureaplasma species is associated with histologic chorioamnionitis and adverse outcomes in moderately preterm and late-preterm infants, Journal of Infectious Diseases, 213 (8), pp. 1340-1347.
- Al-Shehri S, Knox C, Liley H, Cowley D, Wright J, Henman M, Hewavitharana A, Charles B, Shaw P, Sweeney E, Duley J, (2015) Breastmilk-saliva interactions boost innate immunity by regulating the oral microbiome in early infancy, PLoS One, 10 (9), pp. 1-19.
- Knox C, Bryan E, Pasco R, Rodgers K, Sweeney E, Dickinson H, Polglase G, Tolcos M, Walker D, Moss T, (2013) Mid-gestation intra-amniotic infection with Ureaplasma parvum is resolved within spiny mice (Acomys cahirinus) by term delivery: but caused chronic infection of fetal lungs and placentae [Conference Abstract], Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 49, pp. 91-92.
- Sweeney E, Kallapur S, Gisslen T, Jobe A, Knox C, (2013) Ureaplasma species multiple banded antigen (MBA) variation is associated with the severity of chorioamnionitis in late preterm placentas [Conference Abstract], Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 49, pp. 91.
- Sweeney E, Kallapur S, Jobe A, Stephenson S, Knox C, (2012) Ureaplasma species are associated with chorioamnionitis in late preterm placentas [Conference Abstract], Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 48, pp. 58-59.