Dr Ekta Agarwal
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Dr Ekta Agarwal completed her PhD at the School of Human Movement Studies, The University of Queensland. Ekta's PhD was titled "The Australasian Nutrition Care Day Survey: An evaluation of nutritional issues in the Australian and New Zealand acute care setting". This is the most comprehensive study to report nutrition care practices in wards; the prevalence of malnutrition and decreased food intake in acute care patients; and the independent association between nutritional issues and health-related outcomes in acute care patients in Australian and New Zealand hospitals. Ekta has presented her work at various national and international conferences and scientific meetings.
- Medical nutrition therapy
- Nutrition assessment
- Nutrition support
- Nutrition counselling
Nutrition and Dietetics
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (University of Queensland)
- Master of Nutrition and Dietetics with Honours (Griffith University)
Professional memberships and associations
- XNB 351 Medical Nutrition Therapy (3rd year, unit coordinator, lecturer and tutor)
- XNB 353 Introduction to Dietetic Practice (3rd year, unit coordinator, lecturer and tutor)
- XNB 354: Medical Nutrition Therapy (3rd year, lecturer and tutor)
- XNB 451: Clinical Practice in Individual Case Management (4th year, supervisor and tutor)