Dr David Ball
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
robotics, mechatronics, navigation
Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing, Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (University of Queensland)
ENB329 Mechatronics Project 2
ENB458 Advanced Control
METR3800 Mechatronics Project 2
METR4202 Advanced Control and Robotics
- Ball D, Ross P, English A, Patten T, Upcroft B, Fitch R, Sukkarieh S, Wyeth G, Corke P, (2013) Robotics for sustainable broad-acre agriculture, Proceedings of the 9th Conference on Field and Service Robotics, pp. 1-14.
- Corke P, Ross P, English A, Ball D, Upcroft B, Wyeth G, (2014) Novelty-based visual obstacle detection in agriculture, Proceedings of the 2014 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2014), pp. 1699-1705.
- English A, Ross P, Ball D, Corke P, (2014) Vision based guidance for robot navigation in agriculture, Proceedings of the 2014 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2014), pp. 1693-1698.
- Ball D, Ross P, Wall J, Chow R, (2013) A novel energy efficient controllable stiffness joint, Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pp. 802-808.
- Bawden O, Ball D, Kulk J, Perez T, Russell R, (2014) A lightweight, modular robotic vehicle for the sustainable intensification of agriculture, Proceedings of the 16th Australasian Conference on Robotics and Automation 2014, pp. 1-9.
- Ball D, Heath S, Wiles J, Wyeth G, Corke P, Milford M, (2013) OpenRatSLAM: an open source brain-based SLAM system, Autonomous Robots, 34 (3), pp. 149-176.
- Ball D, Kliese R, Windels F, Nolan C, Stratton P, Sah P, Wiles J, (2014) Rodent scope: A user-configurable digital wireless telemetry system for freely behaving animals, PLoS One, 9 (2), pp. 1-10.
- Heath S, Schulz R, Ball D, Wiles J, (2012) Long summer days: Grounded learning of words for the uneven cycles of real world events, IEEE Transactions on Cognitive and Developmental Systems, 4 (3), pp. 192-203.
- Cheung A, Ball D, Milford M, Wyeth G, Wiles J, (2012) Maintaining a cognitive map in darkness: The need to fuse boundary knowledge with path integration, PLoS Computational Biology, 8 (8), pp. 1-22.
- Ball D, Wyeth G, (2008) Reading the play - adaption by prediction of agent motion, Proceedings of the 2008 Australasian Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1-10.