Mr Cary Clarke
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Prior to joining QUT in 2007, Cary worked for several years as an accountant and finance manager at Queensland Rail (QR), the last five years as CFO. As QR's CFO, Cary's primary interests were in the areas of financial governance, the use of financial information to improve decision making, financial literacy of line managers and the application of private sector financial management practices within the public sector.
Cary is a past chair of CPA Australia's Queensland Public Sector Advisory Committee, a committee that provides policy and strategic advice on financial issues affecting the public sector. His key objective as a member of that committee is to advance the effectiveness and therefore shareholder value of Queensland government-owned corporations.
- Financial management in the not-for-profit sector
- The effect of budget practices and trust on the level of job tension experienced by non-profit managers
- Cost effectiveness of government-owned corporations.
Management control systems, Nonprofit, Trust
Other Commerce, Management, Tourism and Services
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Graduate Diploma in Advanced Accounting (with distinction) (Queensland University of Technology)
- Management accounting
- Strategic management accounting
- Financial accounting.