Dr Carolina Sandler
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Cancer, Fatigue, Exercise, Physical activity, Intervention
Human Movement and Sports Science, Oncology and Carcinogenesis, Public Health and Health Services
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Doctor of Philosophy (University of New South Wales)
- McCrary J, Goldstein D, Sandler C, Barry B, Marthick M, Timmins H, Li T, Horvath L, Grimison P, Park S, (2019) Exercise-based rehabilitation for cancer survivors with chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy, Supportive Care in Cancer, 27 (10), pp. 3849-3857.
- Singh B, Spence R, Steele M, Sandler C, Peake J, Hayes S, (2018) A systematic review and meta-analysis of the safety, feasibility and effect of exercise in women with stage II+ breast cancer, Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 99 (12), pp. 2621-2636.
- Clifford B, Mizrahi D, Sandler C, Barry B, Simar D, Wakefield C, Goldstein D, (2018) Barriers and facilitators of exercise experienced by cancer survivors: a mixed methods systematic review, Supportive Care in Cancer, 26 (3), pp. 685-700.
- Li S, Sandler C, Casson S, Cassar J, Bogg T, Lloyd A, Barry B, (2017) Randomised controlled trial of online continuing education for health professionals to improve the management of chronic fatigue syndrome: a study protocol, BMJ Open, 7 (5), pp. 1-7.
- Cvejic E, Sandler C, Keech A, Barry B, Lloyd A, Vollmer-Conna U, (2017) Autonomic nervous system function, activity patterns, and sleep after physical or cognitive challenge in people with chronic fatigue syndrome, Journal of Psychosomatic Research, 103, pp. 91-94.
- McBride R, Horsfield S, Sandler C, Cassar J, Casson S, Cvejic E, Vollmer-Conna U, Lloyd A, (2017) Cognitive remediation training improves performance in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome, Psychiatry Research, 257, pp. 400-405.
- Sandler C, Goldstein D, Horsfield S, Bennett B, Friedlander M, Bastick P, Lewis C, Segelov E, Boyle F, Chin M, Webber K, Barry B, Lloyd A, (2017) Randomized evaluation of cognitive-behavioral therapy and graded exercise therapy for post-cancer fatigue, Journal of Pain and Symptom Management, 54 (1), pp. 74-84.
- Sandler C, Lloyd A, Barry B, (2016) Fatigue exacerbation by interval or continuous exercise in chronic fatigue syndrome, Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 48 (10), pp. 1875-1885.
- Sandler C, Hamilton B, Horsfield S, Bennett B, Vollmer-Conna U, Tzarimas C, Lloyd A, (2016) Outcomes and predictors of response from an optimised, multidisciplinary intervention for chronic fatigue states, Internal Medicine Journal, 46 (12), pp. 1421-1429.
- Keech A, Sandler C, Vollmer-Conna U, Cvejic E, Lloyd A, Barry B, (2015) Capturing the post-exertional exacerbation of fatigue following physical and cognitive challenge in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome, Journal of Psychosomatic Research, 79 (6), pp. 537-549.
- Efficacy of a goal-directed therapeutic exercise program in paediatric survivors of posterior fossa brain tumours
PhD, Associate Supervisor
Other supervisors: Adjunct Professor Stewart Trost