Dr David Lim
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyDr Lim's research interest in responsive primary health care service planning is underpinned by equity of access.
He is involved in a number of projects including:
- Expanded clinical roles
- Rural doctors dispensing medicines
- General Practitioners in disaster preparation and management
- General Practitioners in hepatitis C management
- General practice nurses led chronic disease management
- Low-acuity care paramedic practitioners
- Access to high cost medications e.g. biosimilars
- Comprehensive primary health care model
- General practice and emergency department
- Chronic disease management
- Program evaluation
- Primary health workforce support
- International medical graduates
- LGBTIQ health workforce
- Clinical competencies – Quality Use of Medicines and Evidence-Based Medicine
Health policy, Translation research, Primary health care, Mixed methodology, Evidence based practice, Public health, Pharmaceutical intellectual property and regulation, Model of care, Expanded scope of practice, Quality Use of Medicines
Public Health and Health Services, Clinical Sciences, Specialist Studies in Education
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- DrPH (Curtin University of Technology)
- Graduate Certificate in Academic Practice (Queensland University of Technology)
- Lim D, Grant-Wakefield C, Tippett V, (2014) Engaging paramedic students in research: A case report, Australasian Journal of Paramedicine, 11 (4), pp. 1-4.
- Lim D, Bartlett S, Horrocks P, Grant-Wakefield C, Kelly J, Tippett V, (2014) Enhancing paramedics procedural skills using a cadaveric model, BMC Medical Education, 14, pp. 1-8.
- Lim D, (2014) Is Australia positioned to take advantage of biosimilars?, GaBI Journal (Generics and Biosimilars Initiative Journal), 3 (4), pp. 184-187.
- Lim D, Hepworth J, Siegel E, van Driel M, Nissen L, (2013) Interferon-free therapy for hepatitis C, how prepared is Australia for biosimilars?, Presented at: Emerging Health Policy Research Conference (8th), pp. 1.
- Lim D, Hepworth J, Bain T, Correa-Velez I, Fleming M, Nissen L, van Driel M, (2013) The concept of congruent patient-centred care for hepatitis C management, Presented at: Emerging Health Policy Research Conference (8th), pp. 1.
- Lim D, Emery J, Lewis J, Sunderland V, (2011) Australian dispensing doctors' prescribing: quantitative and qualitative analysis, Medical Journal of Australia, 195 (4), pp. 172-175.
- Sommer J, Macdonald W, Bulsara C, Lim D, (2011) Grunt language versus accent: the perceived communication barriers between international medical graduates and patients in Central Wheatbelt catchments, Australian Journal of Primary Health, 18 (3), pp. 197-203.
- Jiwa M, Halkett G, Arnet H, Smith M, McConigley R, Lim D, Bulsara M, Islam A, (2009) Advice to consult a general medical practitioner in Western Australia: could it be cancer?, Quality in Primary Care, 17 (1), pp. 23-29.