Dr Conor O'Leary
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyPrior to his post at QUT, Dr Conor O'Leary held senior auditing positions in both the Irish and Brisbane offices of Touche, Ross & Co.
Conor has been awarded external and internal grants to research ethical issues in accounting and continues to provide training seminars to the professional accounting bodies and accounting firms.
- internal control evaluation
- business risk auditing
- contemporary audit practice
- ethics in professional accounting firms
- audit liability.
Accounting, Auditing and Accountability
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Doctor of Philosophy (Griffith University)
- MBus(Accy) (Queensland University of Technology)
- BCom(Hons) (National University of Ireland)
- forensic accounting and investigation.
- O'Leary C, (2007) Pushing Elephants Uphill - Teaching Ethics. It Works!, The Auditing Special Interest Group of the British Accounting Association p186
- O'Leary C, (2007) Empirical Evidence of Group Impact in the Context of Ethical Decision Making, International Conference: Innovation in Accounting & Corporate Governance Education p1
- O'Leary C, Stewart J, (2007) Governance factors affecting internal auditors' ethical decision making: an exploratory study, Managerial Auditing Journal, 22 (8) p787
- O'Leary C, Pangemanan G, (2007) The Effect of Groupwork on Ethical Decision-Making of Accountancy Students, Journal of Business Ethics, 75 (3) p215
- O'Leary C, Iselin E, Sharma D, (2006) The Relative Effects of Elements of Internal Control on Auditors' Evaluations of Internal Control, Pacific Accounting Review, 18 (2) p69
- O'Leary C, Mohamad S, (2006) A Tri-National Study of Accountancy Students' Ethical Attitudes, Malaysian Accounting Review, 5 (1) p139
- O'Leary C, Iselin E, Sharma D, (2006) Audit Firm Manuals and Audit Experts' Approaches to Internal Control Evaluation, International Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation, 3 (1) p20
- O'Leary C, Stewart J, (2006) Factors Affecting Internal Auditors' Ethical Decision Making Other Corporate Governance Mechanisms and Years of Experience., 2006 Accountability, Governance & Performance Symposium Proceedings p1
- O'Leary C, Mohamad S, (2005) A Bi-National Study of Accountancy Students' Ethical Attitudes, Presented at: Seventeenth Asia-Pacific Conference on International Accounti p97
- O'Leary C, (2005) Developing a Standardised Model for Internal Control Evaluation, Irish Accounting Review, 11 (2) p35