Adjunct Associate Professor
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Dr Christine Comans is Senior Lecturer and Drama Discipline Leader in the Creative Industries Faculty, QUT. Her specialist teaching areas are
- Australian theatre history
- pre-service secondary drama education
- performance making.
Within her discipline she provides senior leadership in course and curriculum development. She currently serves on the Creative Industries Faculty Academic Board. Other QUT committees she has served on include
- Creative Industries Long Professional Development Committee
- Internationalising the Curriculum
- Indigenous Perspectives
- Education Committee
- Appeals & Review Committee.
Her doctoral study on the history of Brisbane's La Boite Theatre Company was published in book form in 2009. Her Master of Education from the University of Melbourne focused on teaching and learning in tertiary drama. Recent publications include articles in
- Australasian Drama Studies
- NJ the Journal of Drama Australia
- Brisbane Modern.
She is on International Advisory Boards for NJ (Journal of Drama Australia) and Griffith University's Applied Theatre Journal. Roles with the Queensland Studies Authority have included Chair of the Drama Sub-Committee and State Review Panel member. She has served as
- Executive Officer for IDEA (International Drama/Theatre and Education Association)
- President of Drama Australia and Drama Queensland
- journal editor for NJ
- KITE Theatre Company reference committee member.
Recent consultancies and creative works (as part of a team of CIF academics and Brisbane actors) have drawn on her experience in applied performance.Achievements
- 2003: awarded a QUT Outstanding Academic Contribution Award for Excellence in Teaching.
- 2006: received the Creative Industries Executive Dean's Commendation for Higher Degree Research. S
- 2001: awarded a Life Membership of Drama Queensland, in recognition for her contribution to Drama Education in this state.
- 2002: awarded in Drama Australia's President's Award for Excellence in Drama Education, in recognition of her contribution to the field nationally.
Performing Arts and Creative Writing
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Queensland University of Technology)
- MEd (The University of Melbourne)
- DipEd (University of Queensland)
- BA (University of Queensland)