This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyResearch theme: Secure and Resilient Infrastructure
Research discipline: Information Security
Research area Proofs and designs for cryptographic protocols The cryptology group in the Information Security Institute has extensive experience in design and analysis of cryptographic protocols. This includes generic protocols for authentication and key establishment as well as protocols aimed at specific technologies such as RFID devices and industrial control systems. User-oriented security protocols It is today widely recognised that technological solutions must be combined with social disciplines in order to achieve truly secure systems. This emerging research area aims to use ideas from economics and psychology to produce integrated security models and to analyse protocols from this new perspective.
Data Format, Computer Software, Distributed Computing
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Ph.D (University of Warwick)
- B.Sc(Hons) (University of Warwick)
Professional memberships and associations
- Editorial Board Member (Associate Editor): Designs, Codes and Cryptography and IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security
- Gorantla M, Boyd C, Gonzalez Nieto J, Manulis M, (2011) Modeling key compromise impersonation attacks on group key exchange protocols, ACM Transactions on Information and System Security, 14 (4), pp. 1-24.
- Radke K, Brereton M, Mirisaee S, Ghelawat S, Boyd C, Gonzalez Nieto J, (2011) Tensions in developing a secure collective information practice - the case of agile ridesharing, Human-Computer Interaction - INTERACT 2011 -13th IFIP TC 13 International Conference, Proceedings, Part II [Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol 6947], pp. 524-532.
- Ngo L, Boyd C, Gonzalez Nieto J, (2011) Automated proofs for Diffie-Hellman-based key exchanges, Proceedings of 24th IEEE Computer Security Foundations Symposium, pp. 51-65.
- Stebila D, Kuppusamy L, Rangasamy J, Boyd C, Gonzalez Nieto J, (2011) Stronger difficulty notions for client puzzles and denial-of-service resistant protocols, Topics in Cryptology - CT-RSA 2011: The Cryptographers' Track at the RSA Conference 2011, Proceedings [Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol 6558], pp. 284-301.
- Du R, Foo E, Boyd C, (2008) Designing a secure e-tender submission protocol, Electronic Commerce Research, 8 (3), pp. 115-142.
- Josang A, Ismail R, Boyd C, (2007) A Survey of Trust and Reputation Systems for Online Service Provision, Decision Support Systems, 43 (2), pp. 618-644.
- Peng K, Boyd C, Dawson E, (2007) Batch Zero-Knowledge Proof and Verification and Its Applications, ACM Transactions on Information and System Security, 10 (2), pp. 1-28.
- Choo K, Boyd C, Hitchcock Y, (2005) Examining Indistinguishability-Based Proof Models for Key Establishment Protocols, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 3788, pp. 585-604.
- Dawson E, Gonzalez-Nieto J, Boyd C, (2005) A Public Key Cryptosystem Based on a Subgroup Membership Problem, Designs, Codes and Cryptography, 36 (3), pp. 301-316.
- Boyd C, Mathuria A, (2003) Protocols for Authentication and Key Establishment, Springer.
Completed supervisions (Doctorate)
- Encryption Schemes and Key Exchange Protocols in the Certificateless Setting (2010)
- A Multiple Control Fuzzy Vault - A Multiple Control Biometric Cryptosystem with Fingerprints (2009)
- Secure Public-Key Encryption from Factorisation-Related Problems (2007)
- Key Establishment: Proofs and Refutations (2006)
- Secure, Privacy Assured Mechanisms for Heterogeneous Contextual Environments (2006)
- Secure Electronic Voting with Flexible Ballot Structure (2005)
- Secure Key Establishment for Mobile Networks (2005)
- Analysis and Design of Secure Sealed-Bid Auction (2004)
- Security of Reputation Systems (2004)
- Design of Practical Electronic Cash Schemes (2003)