Faculty of Creative Industries, Education & Social Justice,
School of Creative Practice
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Australian National University)
- MA(Hons) (University of Canterbury)
- BA (University of Canterbury)
- Bean C, (2009) Public perceptions of elections: an Australia-New Zealand comparison, In the Public Interest: Essays in Honour of Professor Keith Jackson, pp. 1.
- Bean C, (2009) Trends in National Party support. In G Cockfield & L Courtenay Botterill, The National Party: Prospects for the Great Survivors, Allen & Unwin, pp. 67-80.
- Bean C, McAllister I, (2009) The Australian election survey: the tale of the rabbit-less hat. Voting behaviour in 2007, Australian Cultural History, 27 (2), pp. 205-218.
- Woodward I, Skrbis Z, Bean C, (2008) Attitudes towards globalization and cosmopolitanism: cultural diversity, personal consumption and the national economy, British Journal of Sociology, 59 (2), pp. 207-226.
- Bean C, Denemark D, (2007) Citizenship, Participation, Efficacy and Trust in Australia. In S Wilson, G Meagher, M Western, D Denemark & T Phillips, Australian Social Attitudes 2: Citizenship, Work and Aspirations, UNSW Press, pp. 58-80.
- Bean C, (2007) Young People's Voting Patterns. In L Saha, M Print & K Edwards, Youth and Political Participation, Sense Publishers, pp. 33-50.
- Denemark D, Ward I, Bean C, (2007) Election campaigns, and television news coverage: the case of the 2001 Australian election, Australian Journal of Political Science, 42 (1), pp. 89-109.
- McAllister I, Bean C, (2006) Leaders, the Economy or Iraq? Explaining Voting in the 2004 Australian Election, Australian Journal of Politics and History, 52 (4), pp. 604-620.
- Vowels J, Bean C, (2006) Electoral Politics: Does Globalisation Matter?, Australian Journal of Political Science, 41 (2), pp. 273-288.
- Bean C, (2005) How the political audiences of Australian public and commercial television channels differ, Australian Journal of Communication, 32 (2), pp. 41-55.
Completed supervisions (Doctorate)
- Ethical decision making and healthcare managers: Developing Managerial Profiles based on ethical frameworks and other influencing factors (2010)
- Improving Governance: Practical Methods and an Analytic Framework for the Enhancement of Democracy (2010)
- Poverty in Perception: A Study of the Twentieth Century Prime Ministers of Australia & New Zealand (2010)
- The Quest for Authenticity in the West - Negotiating the Self in Late Modern Cultures (2010)
- The Phenomenology of Utopia: Reimagining the Political (2009)
- Voter Behaviour and Constitutional Change in Australia Since 1967 (2009)
- Overruling the underclass? Homelessness and the law in Queensland (2005)
- Disease Disability, Service Use and Social Support Among Community Dwellers Aged 75 and Over: The Sydney Older Persons Study (2004)