Dr Behrang Assemi
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyI am a lead data analyst and researcher with 16 years of experience in both industry and academia. My research includes creating explanatory and predictive statistical models for a variety of applications in transportation engineering and management as well as information systems and IT. I am highly skilled in statistical analysis with R, programming with C++/C# and designing/querying SQL databases. I have authored more than 10 peer-reviewed papers and have published in leading journals such as Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, and IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems.
Parking Management and Planning, Transportation, Information Systems, Applied Statistical Analysis, Information Signalling, Choice Modelling, Experiment Design, Partial Least Squares (PLS) and Structural Equation Modelling (SEM), Deep Learning, R, C++ and C#
Other Built Environment and Design, Civil Engineering
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD Business (Information Systems) (University of New South Wales)
- Master of Computer Science (Sharif University of Technology)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Polytechnic University)
Professional memberships and associations
- Section Editor in Australasian Journal of Information Systems (AJIS)
- Reviewer for Transportation as well as Information Systems Journals and Conferences including IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Transport, Transportation Letters, Pervasive and Mobile Computing, and Journal of Information Technology
- Member of Elsevier Advisory Panel
- Assemi B, Baker D, Paz A, (2020) Searching for on-street parking: An empirical investigation of the factors influencing cruise time, Transport Policy, 97, pp. 186-196.
- Assemi B, Alsger A, Moghaddam M, Hickman M, Mesbah Namini M, (2020) Improving alighting stop inference accuracy in the trip chaining method using neural networks, Public Transport, 12 (1), pp. 89-121.
- Assemi B, Zahnow R, Zapata-Diomedi B, Hickman M, Corcoran J, (2020) Transport-related walking among young adults: When and why?, BMC Public Health, 20.
- Assemi B, Hickman M, (2018) Relationship between heavy vehicle periodic inspections, crash contributing factors and crash severity, Transportation Research, Part A: Policy and Practice, 113, pp. 441-459.
- Assemi B, Safi H, Mesbah Namini M, Ferreira L, (2016) Developing and validating a statistical model for travel mode identification on smartphones, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 17 (7), pp. 1920-1931.
- Alsger A, Assemi B, Mesbah Namini M, Ferreira L, (2016) Validating and improving public transport origin-destination estimation algorithm using smart card fare data, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 68, pp. 490-506.
- Assemi B, Jafarzadeh H, Mesbah Namini M, Hickman M, (2018) Participants' perceptions of smartphone travel surveys, Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, 54, pp. 338-348.
- Safi H, Assemi B, Mesbah Namini M, Ferreira L, (2016) Trip detection with smartphone-assisted collection of travel data, Transportation Research Record, 2594 (1), pp. 18-26.
- Bagheri S, Assemi B, Mesbah Namini M, Hickman M, (2018) Cost-effective ubiquitous method for motor vehicle speed estimation using smartphones, IET Wireless Sensor Systems, 8 (6), pp. 340-349.
- Assemi B, (2019) The role of customer retention in business outcomes of online service providers, Enterprise Applications, Markets and Services in the Finance Industry: 9th International Workshop, FinanceCom 2018, Revised Papers (Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, Volume 345), pp. 79-100.