Mr Beno Groothoff
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Beno has been working in the fields of Occupational & Health and Environmental Control since 1970 and specialised in noise and vibration management since 1980. In Qeensland he has worked in private practice and government positions in both environmental protection and workplace health and safety areas. He has been employed with Workplace Health & Safety QLD for nearly 22 years as Principal Advisor (Noise & Vibration). His role was to advise management on emerging issues pertaining to noise and vibration and their legal aspects. He has also been a member of Safe Work Australia Expert Panel providing advice on noise and vibration issues pertaining to the current Work Health & Safety Legislation. Beno is a member of the AV10 and AV03 Committees of Standards Australia pertaining to both occupational and environmental noise. As managing director and principal occupational hygienist with Environmental Directions Pty Ltd, he has written and presented training courses on both Occupational and Environmental Noise and Human Vibration Assessment for Bruel & Kjaer Australia. The Bruel & Kjaer Occupational Noise Course has assisted a company in maintaining its NATA accreditation. He has written and presented one day noise and vibration seminars for the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists throughout Australia. He has presented a 5 day course (both Occupational and Environmental) course in Auckland NZ in Oct last year.
Currently employed as parttime Course Coordinator and senior lecturer at QUT's School of Public Helath and Social Work.
noise vibration, occupational hygiene, occupational health and safety
Public Health and Health Services
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Master of Health Science (Occupational Health and Safety) (Queensland University of Technology)
- Graduate Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (Queensland University of Technology)
Professional memberships and associations
- Master in Health Science majoring in Occupational Health and Safety
- Graduate Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists (AIOH)
- AIOH Certified Occupational Hygienist (COH)
- Member of the Australian Acoustical Society of Australia (MAAS)
- Associate Member of the Institute of Engineers Australia (Assoc.MEA)
- PUN500 OHS management
- PUP250 Occupational Hygiene
- Department of Environment (Division of Noise abatement inspector)
- Safe Work Australia (member expert panel Noise and vibration)
- Principal advisor (Noise and vibration) for Workplace Health and Safety QLD
- Standards Australia (member AV10 commitee Occupational noise and vibration)