This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyBrian Delahaye is the Associate Professor, Adult and Workplace Education in the School of Professional Studies at the Queensland University of Technology. Prior to taking up this position in 1990, he had been a Personnel Manager, Senior Training Officer, Staff Development Officer for 10 years and an Administration Manager for 2 years with Telecom Australia and a Lecturer and Senior Lecturer in Human Resource Management in the School of Management at the Queensland University of Technology for 8 years.
Brian's research, including his doctoral thesis, has concentrated on self-directed learning, developing human resource developers and the management of knowledge capital. He has published over 30 articles in national and international refereed journals, is co-author of the texts How to be an Effective Trainer (1998 Wiley: New York) and Applied Business Research (2001 Wiley, Brisbane), and author of the text Human Resource Development: Adult Learning & Knowledge Management (2005).
He consults widely with commercial, non-profit and government organisations on the management of change, managing knowledge, management development and human resource development. Brian is also the Research Training Coordinator in the Centre for Learning Innovation.
Adult learning and education, Human resource development, Management development, Management of change, Management of knowledge, Self-directed learning
Education Systems, Specialist Studies in Education
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Griffith University)
- MBA (University of Queensland)
- BBus (Queensland Inst. of Technology)
Professional memberships and associations
- Adult and Workplace Education, Master of Education
- Adult and Workplace Education, Graduate Certificate Education
- Several units in the Bachelor of Education (Adult and Workplace Education) & the Bachelor of Adult and Community Learning
- SPN637 in Master of Education
- Choy S, Delahaye B, (2008) Leadership development. In S Billet, C Harteis & A Etelapelto, Emerging Perspectives of Workplace Learning, Sense Publishers, pp. 149-166.
- Delahaye B, Choy S, (2008) A learning partnership with a university: some considerations for industry, Proceedings of the 22nd ANZAM Annual Conference 2008: Managing in the Pacific Century, pp. 1-14.
- Delahaye B, Ehrich L, (2008) Complex learning preferences and strategies of older adults, Educational Gerontology, 34 (8), pp. 649-662.
- Nailon D, Delahaye B, Brownlee J, (2007) Learning and Leading: How Beliefs About Learning Can be Used to Promote Effective Leadership, Development and Learning in Organizations, 21 (4), pp. 6-9.
- Delahaye B, Choy S, (2007) Using Work Integrated Learning for Management Development: Some Key Elements for Success, Managing Our Intellectual and Social Capital: Proceedings of the 21st ANZAM 2007 Conference, pp. 1-16.
- Ehrich L, Delahaye B, (2007) Learning to be a Woodturner, Engaging Pedagogies AARE 2006 Conference, pp. 1-13.
- Delahaye B, Ehrich L, (2006) Human Resource Development and the Older Learner, Proceedings of the 20th ANZAM Conference "Management: Pragmatism, Philosophy, Priorities", pp. 1-18.
- Becker K, Delahaye B, (2006) Unlearning: A Revised View of Contemporary Learning Theories, Lifelong learning : partners, pathways, and pedagogies : Keynote and Refereed Papers from the 4th International Lifelong Learning Conference, pp. 78-82.
- Becker K, Delahaye B, (2006) Unlearning as a Lifelong Learning Strategy: An Important Pathway for Transitions, Lifelong learning : partners, pathways, and pedagogies : Keynote and Refereed Papers from the 4th International Lifelong Learning Conference, pp. 26-31.
- Delahaye B, (2005) Case Study: Pacific Lifestyle Publishing, Human Resource Development - Adult learning and knowledge management, pp. 443-461.