Dr Andrei Furda
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyDr. Andrei Furda focuses on research challenges of modernising legacy software systems for Cloud computing. Such challenges include for example ensuring the appropriate data separation in multi-tenant enterprise applications. Andrei earned a PhD degree from the School of Engineering at Griffith University in 2010, and a degree in Computer Science from the University of Karlsruhe, Germany, in 2004. Areas of expertise include software engineering, decision support systems, real-time decision-making and control of autonomous city vehicles, and robotics.
Cloud Computing, Multi-Tenancy, Static Code Analysis, Autonomous Vehicles, Decision-Making
- Mobile Application Development (IAB330), Sem. 2, 2017
- Enterprise Systems and Applications (IFN662), Sem. 1, 2017
- Enterprise Architecture (IAB301), Sem. 2, 2016
- Advanced Enterprise Architecture (IFN663), Sem. 2, 2016
- Enterprise Systems and Applications (IFN662), Sem. 1, 2016
- Advanced Enterprise Architecture (IFN663) - Enterprise System and Business Object Configuration, 22/09/2015
- Corporate Information Systems (IFN504) - Cloud Computing, 03/08/2015, 14/03/2017
- Business in the Cloud (IAB351) – Technical Foundations, 17/03/2015
- Business in the Cloud (IAB351) – Cloud Application Architecture Patterns, 24/03/2015
- Masters Project "Enterprise Mobile Application Development: Integration Challenges and Solutions", 2017
- Masters Project "Emerging Trends and Challenges of Internet of Things Solutions in Supply Chain Management Systems", 2017
- Capstone Project "Developing a Mobile App to build Resilience in Older People", 2017
- Masters Project "The Emerging Role of the Ecosystems Architect", 2017
- Masters Project "A Study of the Migration of Legacy Enterprise Applications into the Cloud", 2016
- Capstone Project "Efficient Search Techniques for Node Patterns in an Abstract Syntax Tree", 2016
- Masters Project "Static Code Analysis Support Algorithms", 2015
- Furda A, Fidge C, Barros A, Zimmermann O, (2017) Re-engineering data-centric information systems for the Cloud - A method and architectural patterns promoting multi-tenancy. In N Ali, B Maxim, M Heisel, I Mistrik & R Bahsoon, Software architecture for big data and the cloud, 1st Edition, Morgan Kaufmann, pp. 227-251.
- Furda A, Vlacic L, (2011) Enabling safe autonomous driving in real-world city traffic using multiple criteria decision making, IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Magazine, 3 (1), pp. 4-17.
- Furda A, Vlacic L, (2009) Towards increased road safety : real-time decision making for driverless city vehicles, 2009 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, pp. 2421-2426.
- Furda A, Vlacic L, (2010) Real-time decision making for autonomous city vehicles, Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, 22 (6), pp. 694-701.
- Furda A, Vlacic L, (2010) An object-oriented design of a World Model for autonomous city vehicles, Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, pp. 1054-1059.
- Furda A, Bouraoui L, Parent M, Vlacic L, (2010) Improving safety for driverless city vehicles: Real-time communication and decision making, Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE 71st Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC 2010-SPRING), pp. 2826-2830.
- Furda A, Vlacic L, (2010) Multiple criteria-based real-time decision making by autonomous city vehicles, Proceedings of the 7th IFAC Symposium on Intelligent Autonomous Vehicles [Intelligent Autonomous Vehicles, Volume 7, Part 1], pp. 97-102.
- Furda A, Bouraoui L, Parent M, Vlacic L, (2010) The role and future challenges of wireless communication networks for cooperative autonomous city vehicles, Communications: Wireless in Developing Countries and Networks of the Future: WCITD/NF 2010 Proceedings [IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, Volume 327], pp. 241-251.
- Furda A, Cholette M, Ma L, Fidge C, Hill W, Robinson W, (2015) Making optimal and justifiable asset maintenance decisions, Engineering Asset Management - Systems, Professional Practices and Certification: Proceedings of the 8th WCEAM 2013 and the 3rd ICUMAS [Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering], pp. 253-263.