Dr Alison McIntosh
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyAlison McIntosh currently works through the Law and Justice Research Centre with the ARC Discovery team lead by Professor Kerry Carrington. Alison’s academic background is in the social sciences, specifically geography and urban and regional planning. She had a distinguished undergraduate career, emerging with first class Honours and a University Medal.
Since graduating with a PhD from UNE in 2005, her cross-disciplinary research interests and previous work experiences have made her a key contributor to a number of major externally funded research projects in fields related to the social sciences.
Before academe, Alison worked for two decades in private industry (predominantly in computing and as a business analyst). She then made a tree change away from capital city living to beef cattle production and as a small business operator on the Mid-North Coast of NSW where she still resides.
Alison works essentially from her home as a researcher, consultant and occasional lecturer. Through affiliations with various universities, she continues her involvement and interest in aspects of the social sciences while remaining firmly committed to and involved with local issues and events.
- Rural & Regional Australia
- Communities of Place & Communities of Interest
- Wellbeing & Belonging
- Masculinity & Violence.
- Carrington K, Hogg R, McIntosh A, Scott J, (2009) Safeguarding Rural Australia : Introduction, Framework and Background to Secondary Data Analysis, p
- Carrington K, McIntosh A, Scott J, (2010) Globalization, frontier masculinities and violence: booze, blokes and brawls, British Journal of Criminology, 50 (3) p393
- Carrington K, Hogg R, McIntosh A, Scott J, (2009) Data Report No. 4: Risky Behaviour - Misuse of Alcohol, Illicit Drugs, Firearms Use and Abuse, Other Risky Behaviour, p
- Carrington K, Hogg R, McIntosh A, Scott J, (2009) Data Report No. 2: Intentional Violence - Suicide, Homicide, Assault, Sexual Assault, Family Violence, Child Abuse, Harassment and Stalking, Alcohol-related Violence, Animal Abuse, p
- Carrington K, Hogg R, McIntosh A, Scott J, (2009) Data report no. 5: Consequences of violence - juvenile offenders, long-term health consequences, anxiety and repression, other chronic disabilities: Safeguarding rural Australia : addressing masculinity and violence in rural settings, p
- Carrington K, Hogg R, McIntosh A, Scott J, (2009) Data Report No. 1: Self-harm Including Suicide', Safeguarding Rural Australia, Addressing Masculinity and Violence in Rural Settings - Secondary Data Analysis, p
- Carrington K, Hogg R, McIntosh A, Scott J, (2009) Data Report No. 3 : Unintentional Violence - Transport Accidents, Occupational Exposures and Hazards, Other Unintentional Violent Injuries [Safeguarding Rural Australia, Addressing Masculinity and Violence in Rural Settings], p