Dr Alejandro Donaire
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
- Dr Donaire received his degree in Electronic Engineering in 2003 and his PhD in 2009, both from the Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Argentina. His work was supported by the Argentine National Council of Scientific and Technical Research, CONICET. In 2009, he joined the Centre for Complex Dynamic Systems and Control, The University of Newcastle, Australia. In 2011, he was awarded the Postdoctoral Research Fellowship of the University of Newcastle, Australia. Dr Donaire moved to The University of Naples Federico II to join the PRISMA Lab team in 2015. His research contributed to the RoDyMan project, a research project funded by the European Research Council (www.rodyman.eu). In 2017, Dr Donaire became Senior Research Fellow at Queensland University of Technology where he is currently conducting his research activities. Dr Donaire's research interests include nonlinear dynamics, control theory and passivity-based control design with application to marine and aerospace mechatronics, robotics, multi-agent systems, smart micro-grids networks, electrical drives, and power systems.
- Dr Donaire's research has focused on modelling, analysis and design of nonlinear control systems. He has particular interest on Lyapunov and passivity-based methods for nonlinear systems. His research aims to develop theory for control design in the framework of port-Hamiltonian and Euler-Lagrange systems with application to physical systems.
- Dr Donaire has collaborated with national and international researchers. He believes that teamwork, collaboration, and dedication greatly increase the quality and productivity of the research. His previous and on-going collaborations include:
- Laboratoire des Signaux et Systemes, L2S, CNRS - Central Supelec, France.
- PRISMA Lab, University of Naples Federico II, Italy.
- Defence Science and Technology Group (DSTG), Melbourne, Australia.
- Instituto Tecnologico Autonomo de Mexico (ITAM), Mexico.
Centre for Complex Dynamic Systems and Control, The University of Newcastle, Australia.
- Control Lab, School of Electronic Engineering, National University of Rosario, Argentina.
- Technical University Federico Santa Maria, Chile.
- Laboratoire d'Automatique, Genie Informatique & Signal (LAGIS), Lille, France.
Nonlinear systems, Control theory, Dynamic systems, Passivity-based control, Port-Hamiltonian systems, Robotics, Control system design
Applied Mathematics, Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Doctor En Ingenieria Con Mencion En Control) (Rosario National University)
Professional memberships and associations
- IEEE Control System Society (CSS)
- IEEE Robotics & Automation Society (RAS)
- Modern Control (Unit coordinator, lecturer, tutor, lab demonstrator), Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
- Mechatronic Systems (Course coordinator, lecturer, tutor, lab demonstrator), University of Newcastle, Australia.
- Control Theory (Lecturer, tutor), National University of Rosario, Argentina.
- Physical System Dynamics (Tutor, lab demonstrator), National University of Rosario, Argentina.
- Control of Electrical Drives (Tutor, lab demonstrator), National University of Rosario, Argentina.
- 2017-Present. Senior Research Fellow, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- 2015-2017. Researcher, University of Naples Federico II, Italy.
- 2011-2015. Research Fellow, The University of Newcastle, Australia.
- 2009-2011. Research Academic, The University of Newcastle. Australia.
- 2007-2009. Teaching Assistant, National University of Rosario, Argentina.
- 2001-2005, Teaching Assistant, National University of Rosario, Argentina.
- Donaire A, Junco S, (2009) On the addition of integral action to port-controlled Hamiltonian systems, Automatica, 45 (8) p1910
- Donaire A, Mehra R, Ortega R, Satpute S, Romero J, Kazi F, Singh N, (2016) Shaping the energy of mechanical systems without solving partial differential equations, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 61 (4) p1051
- Donaire A, Perez T, (2012) Dynamic positioning of marine craft using a port-Hamiltonian framework, Automatica, 48 (5) p851
- Donaire A, Romero J, Ortega R, Siciliano B, Crespo M, (2017) Robust IDA-PBC for underactuated mechanical systems subject to matched disturbances, International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, 27 (6) p1000
- Romero J, Donaire A, Ortega R, (2013) Robust energy shaping control of mechanical systems, Systems and Control Letters, 62 (9) p770
- Donaire A, Ortega R, Romero J, (2016) Simultaneous interconnection and damping assignment passivity-based control of mechanical systems using dissipative forces, Systems and Control Letters, 94 () p118
- Donaire A, Ruggiero F, Buonocore L, Lippiello V, Siciliano B, (2017) Passivity-based control for a rolling-balancing system: The nonprehensile disk-on-disk, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 25 (6) p2135
- Romero J, Ortega R, Donaire A, (2016) Energy shaping of mechanical systems via PID control and extension to constant speed tracking, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 61 (11) p3551
- Ortega R, Donaire A, Romero J, (2017) Passivity-based control of mechanical systems. In N Petit, Feedback stabilization of controlled dynamical systems: In honor of Laurent Praly (Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, Volume 473), Springer p167
- Knorn S, Donaire A, Aguero J, Middleton R, (2014) Passivity-based control for multi-vehicle systems subject to string constraints, Automatica, 50 (12) p3224