This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyAdrian Thomas is Head of Undergraduate Studies in the Creative Industries Faculty - QUT.
Adrian has given conference presentations and published widely in the field of:
- Teaching and Learning, particularly in assessment and online learning.
Current QUT projects
Aiden has been a leading figure in music education and has previously:
- been Course Coordinator (Undergraduate and Postgraduate) for Music - QUT
- been Head of Music - QUT
- completed his doctorate, Australian Music Since 1950, at The University of Queensland
- published in leading Australian journals and Groves Dictionary of Music and Musicians.
At the State level he was Chair of the Music Committee of the BSSSS, where he led the introduction of the year-12 Extension Course in Music - the first such course in Queensland.
Nationally, he was elected to the Executive of NACHTMUS (National Council of Heads of Tertiary Music Schools), the peak organisation in Australia for the promotion music in tertiary institutions, and was twice elected Chair of the Australian Society for Music Education (Queensland Chapter).
Australian Music(classical), Classical Music, Music Criticism, Music Programming, Opera, University Music Education
Performing Arts and Creative Writing
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (University of Queensland)
- MMus (The University of Melbourne)
- BMus (The University of Melbourne)
- BEd (The University of Melbourne)