This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyAreas of expertise
- noise and vibration control
- machine condition monitoring
- artificial organs (heart pumps)
- environmental noise measurement and control.
acoustic emission, artificial hearts, blind deconvolution, bridge health monitoring, diagnostics, machine condition monitoring, machine vibration, maintenance, noise and vibration, prognostics
Mechanical Engineering, Interdisciplinary Engineering
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Polytechnic of Central London)
- BSc(Hons) (Polytechnic of Central London)
Professional memberships and associations
- Noise & Vibration Control
- Machine Condition Monitoring
- Artificial Organs (Heart Pumps)
- Environmental Noise measurement and control
- Naish D, Tan A, Demirbilek N, (2012) Estimating health related costs and savings from balcony acoustic design for road traffic noise, Applied Acoustics, 73 (5), pp. 497-507.
- Kim K, Tan A, Mathew J, Choi B, (2012) Bearing fault prognosis based on health state probability estimation, Expert Systems with Applications, 39 (5), pp. 5200-5213.
- Lin T, Tan A, Yan C, Hargreaves D, (2011) Vibration of L-shaped plates under a deterministic force or moment excitation: a case of statistical energy analysis application, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 330 (20), pp. 4780-4797.
- Kaphle M, Tan A, Thambiratnam D, Chan T, (2012) Identification of acoustic emission wave modes for accurate source location in plate-like structures, Structural Control and Health Monitoring, 19 (2), pp. 187-198.
- Tran V, Yang B, Tan A, (2010) A classification and regression trees (CART) model of parallel structure and long-term prediction prognosis of machine condition, Structural Health Monitoring, 9 (2), pp. 121-132.
- Heng S, Tan A, Mathew J, Montgomery N, Banjevic D, Jardine A, (2009) Intelligent condition-based prediction of machinery reliability, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 23, pp. 1600-1614.
- Heng S, Zhang S, Tan A, Mathew J, (2009) Rotating machinery prognostics. State of the art, challenges and opportunities, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 23 (3), pp. 724-739.
- Kim E, Yang B, Tan A, (2008) A hybrid evolutionary algorithm and its application to parameter identification of rolling elements bearings. In W Kosinski, Advances in Evolutionary Algorithms, InTech, pp. 143-166.
- Tran V, Yang B, Oh M, Tan A, (2009) Fault diagnosis of induction motor based on decision trees and adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference, Expert Systems with Applications, 36 (2), pp. 1840-1849.
- Tran V, Yang B, Oh M, Tan A, (2008) Machine condition prognosis based on regression trees and one-step-ahead prediction, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 22 (5), pp. 1179-1193.
Completed supervisions (Doctorate)
- Rolling Element Bearing Fault Diagnostics Using the Blind Deconvolution Techique (2007)
- Design, Development and Evaluation of Centrifugal Ventricular Assist Devices (2006)
- Development of Predictive Force Models for Classical Orthogonal and Oblique Cutting and Turning Operations Incorporating Tool Flank Wear Effects (2006)
- The Influence of Temperature on PZT Sensors and Actuators for Active Vibration Control of Flexible Structures (2002)