This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyUndergraduate teaching areas
- early and middle phase literacy education
- multiliteracies education
- pedagogic shifts in literacy education
- critical perspectives on literacy
Graduate teaching and research
- supervision of Doctoral and Masters students in literacy-related areas
- conducted in excess of 200 professional development for teachers sessions in the last four years.
- provided expert advice to Government, Education Policy makers and Curriculum development
- provided evidence at Government inquires into Boys in Education and Literacy Standards.
- multiliteracies pedagogy and teachers work
- children reading in the digital space and transformative processes
- literacy education – teacher – student relations
- critical framing of literacy
- early reading for students encultured in digital text environments
- reading development
Research methodology expertise includes:
- case studies
- critical ethnography
Critical literacy perspectives, ICTs in literacy education, Multiliteracies, Pedagogic shifts, Reading education
Specialist Studies in Education, Cultural Studies, Literary Studies
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Queensland University of Technology)
- MEd (Tasmanian C.A.E.)
- BEd (University of Tasmania)
- BSc (The University of Melbourne)
- Healy A, (2008) Multiliteracies and diversity in education : new pedagogies for expanding landscapes, Oxford University Press.
- Healy A, (2008) Expanding student capacities: Learning by design pedagogy. In A Healy, Multiliteracies and Diversity in Education : New pedagogies for expanding landscapes, Oxford University Press, pp. 2-28.
- Ryan M, Healy A, (2008) 'Art'efacts of knowing: Multiliteracies and the Arts. In A Healy, Multiliteracies and Diversity in Education : New pedagogies for expanding landscapes, Oxford University Press, pp. 82-101.
- Healy A, (2004) Multiliteracies, Practically Primary, 9 (2), pp. 5-7.
- Phillips J, Healy A, (2004) The Four Resources Model, Aboriginal Students and Cultural and School Literacies. In A Healy & E Honan, Text Next: New Resources for Literacy Learning, Primary English Teacher Association, pp. 85-99.
- Healy A, (2004) The Critical Heart of Multiliteracies: Four Resources, Multimodal Texts and Classroom Practice. In A Healy & E Honan, Text Next: New Resources for Literacy Learning, Primary English Teaching Association, pp. 19-35.
- Phillips D, Lampert J, Healy A, (2004) How do Culture and Race Influence Literacy?, New Questions for Contemporary Teachers: Taking a socio-cultural approach to education, pp. 113-122.
- Healy A, Dooley K, (2003) Cultural Difference, Social Justice and Reading Education in a New Literacies Context, International Journal of Inclusive Education, 7 (2), pp. 103-119.
- Dooley K, Healy A, (2002) The materiality of pedagogical contexts: New perspectives on relations of control., The social world in the 21st century: Ambivalent legacies and rising challenges., pp. 1-4.
- Healy A, Dooley K, (2002) Digital reading pedagogy for novice readers., 2002 AARE Conference Papers, pp. 1-10.