Adjunct Associate Professor
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyResearch themes: Information, Security
Research discipline: Computer Science
Integrated Financial Fraud Detection in Enterprise Applications. A significant problem with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems is fraudulent behaviour by employees using these systems for activities such as invoicing and salary payments. This collaborative three-year project with SAP Research aims to develop automated processes to identify unusual patterns that may indicate fraudulent behaviour.
Protecting Critical Infrastructure from Denial of Service Attacks: Tools, Technology and Policy. This collaborative is a joint three-year project with the IIT Madras and the Society for Electronic Transactions and Security (SETS) in India.
Based on the complementary expertise of researchers from India and Australia, this project has two aims
- to understand the growing problem of Denial of Service (DoS) attacks on critical infrastructure and develop smart and proactive solutions
- to develop a distributed test bed across India and Australia to better understand the DoS imperatives in practice.
computer forensics, computer network security, information security, intrusion detection, network forensics
Data Format, Computer Software, Communications Technologies
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Queensland University of Technology)
- B.App.Sc (Hons) (Queensland University of Technology)
- B.Sc. (University of Queensland)
Completed supervisions (Doctorate)
- Analysis and Comparative Evaluation of Anomaly Based Multi-Model Detection of SQL Injection Attacks (2010)
- Monitoring and Analysis of Internet Traffic Targeting Unused Address Spaces (2010)
- Securing IEEE 802.11 Wireless LANs (2010)
- Using Honeypots to Analyse Anomalous Internet Activities (2010)
- Abstracting and Correlating Heterogeneous Events to Detect Complex Scenarios (2009)
- Computer Profiling for Forensic Purposes (2009)
- Detecting and Characterising Malicious Executable Payloads (2009)
- Intrusion Detection Techniques in Wireless Local Area Networks (2009)