QUT Government Relations and Policy (GRP) is a key liaison point with all levels of government for QUT. Sitting within the Chancellery, GRP provides expert strategic advice on government risk assessment, issues management and executive correspondence to improve relationships with key government.
GRP develops and builds government networks, communicates issues and supports QUT with effective political engagement and relationship development by:
- contributing to the university's political engagement activities to help build and maintain strong relationships with key government, stakeholders and to gain support for strategic priorities
- providing high level strategic advice to senior leaders including environmental scanning of political issues impacting on the higher education sector and delivering high quality policy and other briefings
- providing expert strategic advice on government risk assessment, issues management and executive correspondence to improve relationships with key government stakeholders and the community
- leading the development and drafting of a range of high level documents including policy briefs, strategic plans and submissions
- engaging in high level institutional strategic planning
- working collaboratively with stakeholders across the university and externally.
For more information, contact Dr John Byron on 3138 2655, or email email@example.com.