Robotics@QUT is a Faculty of Education outreach program supporting teachers and students from regional and low socioeconomic status areas in North Brisbane.
The aim of the program is to build teacher capacity to deliver engaging robotics-based STEM activities and to foster partnerships between schools and QUT, with the overall goal of building school students’ education aspirations.
Robotics@QUT provides a novel approach to the school-university partnership by looking at new ways of supporting teachers, of engaging school students in robotics-based activities, and of developing school-based learning opportunities for QUT pre-service teachers.
- build confidence to teach technology and robotics-based STEM activities
- build knowledge of how to implement engaging robotics activities
- receive support to implement activities in the classroom
- attend free workshops led by robotics experts.
- access loan kits
- access a library of curriculum-linked activities
- host displays and exhibitions
- receive competition sponsorship and support (Moreton Bay RoboCup Jr, Moreton Downs Robolympics, FIRST LEGO League etc).
- build confidence and perceived ability to perform as future teachers
- develop positive attitudes towards technology in the classroom
- build relationships with local schools, students and parents
- enjoy hands-on experience in STEM areas
- share Robotics Fun Days (hosted at partner schools)
- enter local sponsored competitions
- are inspired for continuing education.
Register your interest
All bookings are subject to availability of university spaces and presenters.