The Division of Finance and Resourcing Planning (FRP) provides financial services, budgeting and planning, facilities management, and associated corporate systems to support QUT. We're responsible for external reporting, and assure governance for functions under our responsibility. We are pivotal in ensuring that QUT's core business activities and future goals and priorities, as outlined in the QUT Blueprint , are sustainable in terms of planning and resources.
Our complex role combines responsibilities for:
- providing strategic and operational services to faculties, divisions, institutes and individuals associated with payroll, procurement, financial management, accounting, budgeting, surveys and reporting.
- internal corporate governance responsibilities and associated planning
- quality and budget frameworks at a strategic level on behalf of the university
- compliance and reporting to external agencies.
FRP's business units include:
- Corporate Finance
- Planning and Budget
- Reporting and Analysis
- Facilities Management.
Our Executive Director is Graham Fryer.
We provide strategic and operational financial management services incorporating procurement, treasury, taxation, insurance, payroll, accounts processing, financial accounting, and associated systems and reporting. We're committed to continuous improvement and to building strong relationships with our clients through a transparent and professional approach.
Our Director of Corporate Finance is Carl Cartwright.
Accounting and assets
Find out more about purchasing, transferring, maintenance and disposal of QUT's assets.
QUT Corporate Cards
Contact for any issues with, or queries about, QUT corporate or prepaid cards.
- Phone: 3138 2964
Our financial accounting team manages accounting for projects, student fees, leasing and gifts.
Our insurance team manages all insurance queries, claims and support for staff and students.
Contact us for any issues with QUT invoices or QUTPay.
Contact our payroll team for any enquiries about salary payments.
Contact our procurement team for any enquiries about procurement, process or support.
Contact our taxation team for any enquiries about QUT's tax practices.
Contact us if you have any supplier queries or need any advice.
Planning and Budget
We provide support and accurate information for key strategic QUT planning and budgeting processes.
Our Director of Planning and Budget is Patricia Alner.
Our key service areas are:
- budgeting and management accounting
- load management
- planning, strategy and quality
- forecasting tools.
Reporting and Analysis
We provide best practice data integrity, reporting and analysis services to internal and external stakeholders, providing effective and innovative solutions.
Our Director of Reporting and Analysis is Wayne McCullough.
Our key service areas are:
- university surveys
- corporate reviews
- information and analysis
- reporting and data warehouse.
Contact our reporting and analysis team for any general enquiries about our statutory and internal management reporting.
Facilities Management is responsible for providing physical infrastructure and campus services to support all university activities.
Help desk (maintenance work requests)
- Phone: 3138 3000
- Phone: 3138 5585
- Phone: 3138 2225
Facilities on all our campuses are available for hire to individuals and external organisations on a charge-for-use basis.
- Phone: 3138 4222
Contact our commercial operations team to discuss any on-campus events or functions.
- Phone: 3138 5593
Purchase books, textbooks, stationary and gifts from the QUT Bookshops.
- Phone: 3138 2391 (Gardens Point) or 3138 3125 (Kelvin Grove)
Doing business with QUT
We value our relationships with suppliers, and we want to build sustainable relationships that deliver long term mutual benefits. We work collaboratively with our suppliers to meet our needs and build continuous improvement.
Our procurement policies and procedures align with the Queensland Government Procurement Policy. Our procurement principles include:
- value for money
- ethical and fair treatment
- probity, accountability and transparency
- risk management
We have a number of standard agreements with standard terms and conditions that we use for different types of procurements
- goods and services agreement (DOCX file, 155.8 KB)
- consultancy services agreement (DOCX file, 148.19 KB)
- contractor services agreement (DOCX file, 151.83 KB)
- software and services agreement (DOCX file, 206.43 KB)
- request for expressions of interest (DOCX file, 158.37 KB)
- request for offer (DOCX file, 140.9 KB)
- purchase order terms and conditions (PDF file, 69.39 KB).
Contact our procurement team for more information about working with us.