Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Media and Communication
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Human Services
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Media and Communication/Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Media and Communication/Bachelor of Nutrition Science
- Bachelor of Media and Communication/Bachelor of Public Health
- Graduate Certificate in Advertising
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Industries
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Industries (Creative Production and Arts Management)
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Industries (Interdisciplinary)
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Industries (Professional Communication)
Masters by coursework
- Master of Advertising (Creative Advertising)
- Master of Creative Industries
- Master of Creative Industries (Creative Production and Arts Management)
- Master of Creative Industries (Interdisciplinary)
- Master of Creative Industries (Professional Communication)
Masters by research
Why study media and communication at QUT?
Have you ever wondered who decides what kind of content you can download to your mobile phone, or the style of Google ads that display on your friends' blog sites? Are you interested in media technologies or exploring the many ways in which we communicate, both organisationally or individually?
QUT's Bachelor of Media and Communication course is centred on the distribution of creative content, including an emphasis on new media, television, radio, print, the Internet, mobile technologies, movies, advertising, public relations and music. It also encompasses media research and media policy, so you will understand how the media works, its impacts on society, and the issues which shape public debate about the media.
The QUT media and communication degree boasts a genuine mix of real-world applications and an established academic reputation. Practical skills are taught within an informed theoretical context by staff who are actively engaged in leading-edge research.
Our students maintain the industry-acclaimed Brisbane Media Map, an online directory of Brisbane media companies. The Media Map is a valuable resource for students, job seekers, potential investors and industry professionals.
Graduates use their skills for a variety of professional functions across all industry sectors. Many work in marketing communications, public relations or corporate communications. Others apply their broad media knowledge in the media function of advertising, either as sales executives for media outlets or as media planners and buyers for advertising agencies. Graduates also find employment in media policy development in the public sector and private enterprise. Pathways exist to prepare you for further study including honours.
Creative Industries Faculty
- Phone: 3138 8114
- Fax: 3138 8116
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address:
QUT Creative Industries Faculty
Kelvin Grove QLD 4059