Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.
- Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Creative and Professional Writing)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Creative and Professional Writing)
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Human Services
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Creative and Professional Writing)/Bachelor of Laws
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Industries
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Industries (Creative Writing)
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Industries (Interdisciplinary)
Masters by coursework
- Master of Creative Industries
- Master of Creative Industries (Creative Writing)
- Master of Creative Industries (Interdisciplinary)
Masters by research
Why study creative writing and literary studies at QUT?Writers are in demand across a number of fields. The publishing and screen industries, advertising agencies, magazines and newspapers, websites, the public service and large corporations all require specialist writers with a flair for language.
QUT offers the largest and most comprehensive undergraduate creative writing course in South-East Queensland and strong honours and postgraduate programs.
Teaching staff are highly experienced, published authors, experts in professional writing and distinguished scholars in the fields of creative writing and literary studies.
Students who study creative writing and literary studies are encouraged to experiment with a variety of forms and genres including novels and short stories, creative non-fiction, youth writing, media writing and poetry. In addition, we will help you build specialist writing skills for professional applications such as corporate writing, persuasive writing, editing and script writing.
Elective study is available in feature writing and interactive web writing, and you can also undertake project work to write a sustained work in a genre of your choice.
Students gain valuable experiences from accomplished writers and editors who regularly visit QUT to offer workshops and seminars. You will also be encouraged to submit your creative work to journals and to competitions including the QUT Writing Prize, in which you may win $2,000 or the opportunity to be published in QUT's annual Creative Writing Anthology.
Graduates can work as creative or professional writers and editors in corporate, community and freelance capacities. Opportunities exist as fiction writers, corporate writers, script writers, reviewers, travel writers, features writers, editors, journalists and publishers, media workers and teachers. Pathways exist to prepare you for further study including honours, research, or creative practice and analysis.
Creative Industries Faculty
- Phone: 3138 8114
- Fax: 3138 8116
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address:
QUT Creative Industries Faculty
Kelvin Grove QLD 4059