The King Saud University PhD program offers students of King Saud University the opportunity to complete their PhD at QUT.
During your PhD research, you'll be enrolled part-time as an external QUT student, studying under the primary supervision of a QUT academic and secondary supervision of a King Saud University academic as part of the external joint supervision program.
During the program, you'll be in regular contact with your QUT supervisor, and you'll spend 2 months each year at QUT. Your QUT supervisor will also visit you at King Saud University twice each year.
What are the entry requirements?
You must have:
- completed a masters degree with a minimum research component of 33%
- a GPA of at least 5.0 on a 7-point scale, or equivalent
- English proficiency (IELTS 6.5 or equivalent).
How to apply
Obtain certified copies of your academic transcripts.
Find an appropriate supervisor for your research.
Complete a research proposal of no more than 500 words. This proposal needs to be developed in collaboration with a prospective supervisor on QUT campus.
Your proposal should include, under appropriate headings:
- the proposed title of the study
- the purpose of the proposed study
- a brief relevant background literature
- research questions or hypotheses
- a brief research methodology, including ethical consideration
- the significance of the research
- any resources required for the research
- a bibliography
Email your application to QUT International Admissions firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: King Saud University PhD program.
- the completed FR application form
- certified copies of your academic transcripts
- your brief proposal.
Will I need a visa?
King Saud students coming to QUT for short term visits (no longer than 3 months) through this program will need to apply for visitor or tourist visa.
For more information about the program, contact Professor Acram Taji, Director of International Graduate Research.