Change to view Australian and NZ students' course information. You are viewing international students' course information.
- Understand design disciplines through explorations of social, historic, economic, legal and technological processes and systems that act on our environments and products.
- Study visual and design literacy, communication and design processes through the integration of sustainability, project management, leadership and design project applications.
- Learn to lead and manage the development and implementation of urban design procedures, policy and practice.
|QUT course code||DE50|
|Course duration||1 year full-time
2 years part-time
|Start month||2014 February, July|
The Master of Design provides professional development in the design of the urban environment. It will enhance skills and understanding of the design disciplines through explorations in social, historic, economic, legal and technological processes and systems that act upon our environments and products. This course advances abilities in visual and design literacy, communication, and design processes, through the integration of aspects of sustainability, project management, leadership and design project applications.
Graduates may become specialist urban designers within their chosen professional field, or use the skills and knowledge gained to diversify their capabilities across a broader spectrum of design disciplines. Graduates will be capable of leading and managing the development and implementation of urban design procedures, policy and practice. Graduates typically work in either private practice as urban designers, or in government organisations as urban policy developers and implementers.
A completed recognised 4 year Bachelor Degree (or higher award) in Architecture or Landscape Architecture with a minimum GPA of 5 (on a 7 point scale).
Minimum English language requirements
Students must meet the English proficiency requirements.
|IELTS (International English Language Testing System)|
Haven't completed an IELTS test?
Don't have the English language score you need? We can help!
We offer courses to improve your English and help you gain entry to this course.
When you apply for this course, we'll recommend which English course you should enrol in.
Haven't completed an English language test? We can help!
You can complete an IELTS test at our Kelvin Grove campus.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. All fees are based on current fixed fee prices. We review fees annually.
2014: $12,800 per Study Period (48 credit points) (subject to annual review)
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
How to apply for Master of Design (Urban Design)
You're ready to apply if you have:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for. You can apply for up to 3
- Checked important dates
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked costs and scholarships
- Checked if you're eligible for credit for prior learning
- Gathered supporting documents
All done? Then you're ready to apply.